Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlaneWhore - The Movie, now available for download (full length match video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlaneWhore - The Movie, now available for download (full length match video)

Due to numerous requests I've finally gotten around to whipping up a little something special for the BF2 crowd. It's a full length high-quality video (with sound) of a BF2 round uncut and unedited from start to finish, roughly 20 minutes in duration. Filmed on the lovely TeamHAF 64 player server not but a few hours ago. I'd also like to extend my personal thanks to TeamHAF for providing me great low-pinging 64 player server, couple that with a mature and fair staff of admins (that won't ban you if you kill them) and you've got a winning combination for a server.

Download Link for the video:

http://files.filefront.com/PlaneWhor.../fileinfo.html

http://graphicintegrity.net/temp/PWTHEMOVIE.rar (very fast alternate download link of the high-quality version of this movie from The Soup Nazi) Be kind on his bandwidth and ONLY use this link if you're having difficulties with Filefront or experiencing long lines.

And yes, it's a big file, so sorry 56kers but you're out of luck.

Alternate download links with similar file format:

Thanks to r0uJe (from PBF) for providing alternate download links/encoding for low-bandwidth users. I strongly recommend you download the high-quality version but if you have very limited bandwidth:

http://files.filefront.com/PWTHEMOVIErar/;4336287;;/fileinfo.html (100 meg version)

This video has a little bit of everything. Shooting down other planes, destroying helpless supply crates, strafing infantry, downing helicopters, and bombing vehicles. Overall I'm pleased with how the video came out, and the mix of different action I got, even though my gaming performance is a little below my average. Though I blame that purely on the horrible in game lag Fraps gives me while it's running. My only regret is I didn't get as much aerial combat in this match as I'd like, but I'll be sure to focus on that in PlaneWhore - Part Deux.

All of that aside anybody who is attempting to improve themselves in the art of BF2 aviation, expert and novice alike can probably learn a thing or two from this video. This is also the critical reason I included sound, you can hear exactly when bombs are being dropped, flares, missile-warnings, and afterburners are being used. A lot useful information in this video.

Technical stuff:

The video files are compressed with WinRAR, so in order to decompress it you'll need to have or download WinRAR free at: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar351.exe
    The video compression codec I finally settled on is XviD (provided me with the best quality/file size ratio). So in order to be able to watch it'll you'll either need have the XviD codec, or download it free at: http://nic.dnsalias.com/xvid.html .

Or if you don't want to install a codec you can download VLC media player free at: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ (even if you don't watch my video you should get this sweet little media player).

I think that about covers it. Enjoy the video.

Re: PlaneWhore - The Movie, now available for download (full length match video)

hmmm seems no matter how long i wait, the download just doesnt start. it keeps saying "Please wait while the download server is contacted". is the server overloaded or something?

Comment

PlaneWhore - The Movie, now available for download (full length match video)

Due to numerous requests I've finally gotten around to whipping up a little something special for the BF2 crowd. It's a full length high-quality video (with sound) of a BF2 round uncut and unedited from start to finish, roughly 20 minutes in duration. Filmed on the lovely TeamHAF 64 player server not but a few hours ago. I'd also like to extend my personal thanks to TeamHAF for providing me great low-pinging 64 player server, couple that with a mature and fair staff of admins (that won't ban you if you kill them) and you've got a winning combination for a server.

Download Link for the video:

http://files.filefront.com/PlaneWhore___The_Movie/;4335698;;/fileinfo.html

And yes, it's a big file, so sorry 56kers but you're out of luck.

This video has a little bit of everything. Shooting down other planes, destroying helpless supply crates, strafing infantry, downing helicopters, and bombing vehicles. Overall I'm pleased with how the video came out, and the mix of different action I got, even though my gaming performance is a little below my average. Though I blame that purely on the horrible in game lag Fraps gives me while it's running. My only regret is I didn't get as much aerial combat in this match as I'd like, but I'll be sure to focus on that in PlaneWhore - Part Deux.

All of that aside anybody who is attempting to improve themselves in the art of BF2 aviation, expert and novice alike can probably learn a thing or two from this video. This is also the critical reason I included sound, you can hear exactly when bombs are being dropped, flares, missile-warnings, and afterburners are being used. A lot useful information in this video.

Technical stuff:

The video files are compressed with WinRAR, so in order to decompress it you'll need to have or download WinRAR free at: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar351.exe

The video compression codec I finally settled on is XviD (provided me with the best quality/file size ratio). So in order to be able to watch it'll you'll either need have the XviD codec, or download it free at: http://nic.dnsalias.com/xvid.html . Or if you don't want to install a codec you can download VLC media player free at: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ (even if you don't watch my video you should get this sweet little media player).

I think that about covers it. Enjoy the video.

Comment

Re: PlaneWhore - The Movie, now available for download (full length match video)

Not sure. I downloaded it once myself just to make sure the file was intact and the server responded right away. If it's an individual server lagging maybe try a different server from the list, that's the only thing I can think of that might help.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
          Not sure. I downloaded it once myself just to make sure the file was intact and the server responded right away. If it's an individual server lagging maybe try a different server from the list, that's the only thing I can think of that might help.
          i was trying to wait on that "no wait" server, which is the only one among those free servers. it didnt respond, now im on one of those 1 hour wait time servers, it's working. btw planewhore, do u fly with keyboard only? or u use a joystick?

Comment

I use a joystick. Server is working fine for me when I click on the big animated orange button that says "Download Now", then I select FileFront US Hosted Distro #6 (top of the list), wait a couple seconds, and I the exact download link pops up. I'm using Mozilla.

Comment

oh...

ya it's working for me dude. been waiting 23 mins, remaining 24 mins. not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                I use a joystick.
                hmmm i've been using keyboard to fly. i always thought keyboard was better than joystick... i think i'll try the joystick some time.

Comment

lol 10 mins to dl, 50 mins to wait in line...

very impressive videos. just a question, why do u switch the camera views when you are bombing the targets? trying to see if the bombs hit them?

Comment

damn, I watched...cool video.. kinda freaky since I fly a similar way even down to the camera switching. Also, I don't use as many missiles and I got my lil secret to help track airplanes. I pull up the map more often too. I can just tell you really pay attention to your minimap hehe.

Comment

this guy's fu*kin' unreal!

Comment

lol, i'd hate to be the pilot on the other team! AWESOME vid!!!

Comment

Standing nicely in line waiting for the vid... (finally a movie of lenght and probably alot of footage.)

PlaneWhore, there's alot of bs talk about you everywhere. How come you choose to play BF2 instead of some better simulator since you obviously know how to whiggle your joy stick? jk, I seriously would like to know. Do you practice for competitive gaming or do you just like to take time to blow stuff up rather frequently in one game?

Comment

yeah, nice vid.. kinda repetitive though, maybe some likes that. Had a look at the leaderboards and there's alot more ppl that's better than him. scarryyyyyy....

how do I see his stats? how does he make those longer "l" signs?

EDIT: n/v got it now... |ccc||PlaneWhore

Comment

Originally posted by j4k3
                              this guy's fu*kin' unreal!
                              check out the leaderboards for the vehicles...scarryyyy

Comment

Working...
                              X