cant log on anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant log on anymore

I cant log on to the account server anymore. Just wont do it. I used to be able to play. Any help would be great. Also, how do I play single player games if i cant log in? I tried reinstalling. Thanks

Re: cant log on anymore

Have you recently patched or similar? If so bf2.exe changes and most firewall will detect this, and will ask you to verify bf2.ex should be allowed to access the Internet.

Recheck your firewall, remove BF2 from the list of allowed programs and then add it again.

What firewall do you have? How are you connected to the Internet, directly or via router?

Also check your antivirus, some of these also have features that could block network traffic.

Comment

Ok, I have no anti virus. Go thru a router, so thats my firewall. How do I check my firewall? Thanks alot dude.

Comment

You don't really explain what's wrong.

What exactly do you do and what do you see on the screen?

You need to create a single-player account using manage accounts.

Comment

Try going to http://www.gamespyid.com and see if you can log in with your BF2 account info there.

Comment

Its the conecting to account server screen. The 2 is spinning but it never connects and I have to reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
              Try going to http://www.gamespyid.com and see if you can log in with your BF2 account info there.

It lets me log in, yes.

Comment

If you have Windows XP SP2, you may have the Windows Firewall enabled. Go to Control Panel->Windows Firewall and check.

Otherwise, make sure you aren't running anything like Norton Internet Security, ZoneAlarm, PC-Cillin, etc...

Comment

XP SP1 the firewall is disabled. This is weird becuase it was fine one day and then this shiot. I dont run any virus or monitoring type software. Nothing. At first I thought it was the servers were down, then i left town for 5 days and it still jacked up. Thanks for all the replys dude,s.

Comment

In that case..have you run a full spyware and virus scan to make sure there is nothing infecting your system?

Detect and fix viruses, worms, spyware, and other malicious threats for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                      In that case..have you run a full spyware and virus scan to make sure there is nothing infecting your system?

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

OK, I just ran that program. Found some cookies and thats it. I keep me rig running top notch always. I'll try to get on and et back to you. THANKS ALOT.:evil:

Comment

Which icon are you using to run BF2?

Make sure you aren't using the 'Play BF2 Online Now!' icon. Use the plain old 'Play Battlefield 2' icon.

Comment

Well I'm stumped. It wont connect to the account server. What funny is the mouse moves around like nothings wrong, with the little 2 spinning nicely. I have to hit my reset button after about 6 or 7 minutes. When it woked it only took 5 or 6 secs. I can log in to the website as well. Dammit.

Comment

Sounds like lots of other people have been starting to have this problem recently.

You may want to contact EA or GameSpy and see if they can check your account to make sure it is ok.

Comment

Working...
                            X