Silent Thunder: British Forces Mod, Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Thunder: British Forces Mod, Recruiting

Hello, I'm Mad Max of the Silent Thunder: British Forces Mod.

Although we're progressing, it's somewhat slower paced than we'd like, and so we're looking for new members to help speed things up some.

Right now we need new modellers, texture artists and mappers to help create the content we need.

Those of you who are more adept at modelling/texturing (or both which would be a bonus) vehicles, such as tanks, Land Rovers, helicopters and fighter aircraft are in greater demand at the present.

We'll also soon be needing maps for our units to be used in, so any level designers out there are also needed!

The mod itself is aiming to add the British military to the game, as a new team to fight alongside and against the current factions within the game. We are comitted to representing the British military in as much detail as we can, in as accurate a way as possible (within the confines of the current gameplay styles).

If you're interested or have any questions, please head over to our website http://www.silent-thunder.co.uk here, or PM me. There is more information on the website outlining the positions we have available, and you're more than welcome to head over to our forums http://www.silent-thunder.co.uk/forum/ here to get chatting away.

Thanks for your time, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Re: Silent Thunder: British Forces Mod, Recruiting

uh ever heard of project reality?

Comment

He has, he's member on their forums, i have seen a couple of his posts.

Comment

ah then they add britsh too so why a new mod?

Comment

perhaps he just feels that PR isnt dedicated to full british forces.

I dont, i shouldnt be answering for this guy anyway ,wait for him to reply

Comment

o almost joined... but we lost contact.... nice guys though

Comment

Hey, thanks for your interest. We've been in development for some time, (not quite as long as Project Reality) but we started before the game hit the shelves. Anyway, our mod is dedicated just to British forces, and more specifically adding them to the already existing sides in the game. We won't be changing any major gameplay styles, the most we'll be doing is working on balance issues (such as the massively overpowered Blackhawks compared to the other teams transport choppers) and things along those lines.

Project Reality is focusing on making gameplay as realistic as possible without destroying the fun, which is what they've seem to have achieved so far with their minimods They've simply changed the style of play for something less arcade, whereas we are focusing on keeping the standard gameplay and will improve it in certain places depending on how the beta testers and community want it.

About the "why another mod?" question. Well, why not? The more mods the more choice people have! If you want to play as the British in a more realistic role, wait for Project Reality, if you want to play as the British as the game is now, wait for Silent Thunder! It's that simple. The more choice the better it is for the community.

We're always open to suggestions too, but please don't ask for certain peices of kit as we're pretty much 100% decided on most of this now. Depending on how much and what feedback we get after a beta release (I can't say when that will be as we all work on this - as most other mods do - in our spare time) we'll change things.

We've actually submitted news to this site before, on several occasions for news updates, but they very rarely materialise. I'm not assuming anything malicious, I respect that the news team get a lot of things they'd like to report so maybe we just got lost in the news flood.

Anyway, please feel free to browse our forums and post any idea's and the like you may have.

Comment

ah I get it! good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X