am i the only one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i the only one...

...that thinks the missles in the jets suck, and fly around with the bombing mode on (so they dont get the "lock on" warning), following other unsuspecting jets around VERY closely and wait for a straight on shot and machine gun the crap out of them..? well i dont know. for me that has been the best tactic for taking out jets/heli's.. unless there is an idiot that cant figure out what a flare is. sometimes i like screwing with the guy ahead of me and flick the modes on and off and try my best to follow him for like a minute, and then kill him. so the warning buzzer goes on and off. lol.

am i also the only attack heli gunner that always happens to get stuck with some idiot "pilot" , and normally crashes within the first 10 seconds of "take off" (if there even is take off.. sometimes its more of a "fall over"...lol). :laugh:

another tip, that i use alot, and i never see anyone else doing, is fly up to about 800 ft and then divebomb and start randomly shooting (spraying) a base with machine gun fire. and repeat. i cant tell you how many kills i have gotten this way.

and i hate when pilots (attack chopper) are hovering and obviously waiting for you to camera something, and their aim is COMPLETELY off, and you try to let them know, then you take the shot anyways, for the hell of it, it misses (because the missle cant turn that much at close range), and you can tell they're ****ed because they just aim and unload all of their missles at once at the target. lol.. ya, i dont like bad pilots.

and me and my friend tested it (for all of you pilots out there). the crosshair that you have for the pilot, is the same spot as it is for the camera missle. i think it might be slightly higher, but still, its in the box. so next time you are waiting for your gunner to camera something, keep that in mind.

Re: am i the only one...

My main problem with the missiles in the jets is that one can evade them by simply, turning. That's all it takes. Once you fly straight, your toast, but I have gotten in to many dogfight's where the other pilot will just circle, and circle, and circle..

Not to say jet's aren't overpowered.

Although I did take one out with a Stinger last week on Zatar

Comment

metallica:

Sounds like you need a clan or at least one buddy on voice chat. You can communicate faster if you join a squad. Now, I should mention, however, that you shouldn't resort to name-calling, insults, or general asshattery. If you don't like flying with a certain pilot (and a lot of them camp the same vehicle, even at the cost of team killing anyone taking "their" vehicle), just avoid him. There are a lot of immature gamers out there, so either go fight by other means on the server or just go find another server.

I know may not want to do that, but really it's the only civil and sensible thing to do. Every aspect of the game, be it weapons, vehicles, commander's interface, etc takes skill and practice. If you are beyond the beginner level for some part of the gameplay, keep in mind that other players are not. In essence, they are noobs, but don't flame them for it. We all started somewhere.

Good luck, and don't burn any bridges... unless it's with C4.

Comment

Ich bin ein Berliner

Comment

Originally posted by The Question
          Ich bin ein Berliner
          dude the wall is gone now.....peace out

Comment

Sorry for bugging you all.

Comment

??????????
              anyways...if u got a enemy plane directly in front of u and u dont want him to evade ur missile..fire b4 u get the lock on signal..spometiems it locks on in midair..cool

Comment

I started a thread pretty much saying the exact same thing http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40089

Comment

i do play with people over voip (with a client called ventrilo). its just when im not playing with them, or they are doing something different in the game (on foot or in a jet), thats when i have the problems.

but still i dont understand... when i first got the game, i started a local server and just screwed around with vehicles. if you suck at flying, you know it. trust me, i know, i suck at heli piloting, but im good with jet piloting, and heli gunning. but if i see a guy in a heli waiting for a pilot, i just ignore it, because i suck at it. but whenever i seem to be waiting for a pilot, which is rare, i cant tell you how many times just sprint for it, get in, and then they either: A) cant take off, B)crash within the first 20 seconds, or C) bails right when he hears the warning buzzer. and it gets annoying. i know theyre just learning and stuff, but nothing is fun about having a bad pilot.

Comment

Working...
                  X