Virus Attack's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus Attack's

During Gameplay of BF2 I have noticed an increasing number of Virus Attack's towards my PC...they only seem to happen during the gameplay.
    All attempts have been blocked but I would like to know why this is happening if anyone has any theories.

Thanks.

Re: Virus Attack's

Never heard of that before. I don't even play with an AntiVirus active!

What virus is it?

Comment

how the F**k did that happen? bf2 giving u virus? try to defragmentate ur comp, it may help

Comment

Ugh..I can't believe you run AV apps while playing BF2.

Either:

a) your system if full of viruses and you need to improve your internet 'habits'
        or
        b) your AV app is picking up false positives from BF2/punkbuster activity

Comment

av should be running all the time whether u play a game or not. if you performance is poor with having av running, you need a better computer

Comment

Originally posted by H9DLB
            av should be running all the time whether u play a game or not. if you performance is poor with having av running, you need a better computer
            EA instruct people to turn it off while playing BF2. You might not want to but the game will run better with AV off.

Comment

Originally posted by H9DLB
              Umm...no. I haven't had AV running EVER. And I have never had a virus.

You just need good habits.

I'd rather play a game with great performance than to play a game with POOR performance just because you like to download pr0n

Comment

I've tried turning off my AV. Didn't really seem to help my FPS all that much. So I just leave it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                  Umm...no. I haven't had AV running EVER. And I have never had a virus.

You just need good habits.

I'd rather play a game with great performance than to play a game with POOR performance just because you like to download pr0n
                  How do you know if you haven't been infected ever, if you never had an av util installed to check??

Even if you have good habits while browsing, if your system gets compromised from the outside and gets past you fw then there's nothing to detect it if it gets on your system while playing.
                  Many of the more smart worms or vira will disable your security applications or attempt to and if one isn't running it will probably have an easier job of doing so.

The virus and worm writers rely on ppl not having updated their antivir and not using firewalls and exploiting unpatched an thus non-updated Windows installations.
                  Many ppl that use PCs today have very little understanding of security while connected to the Internet, and they need ALL the protection they can get ALL the time, so this 'solution' might work okay for you, but i wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

AV shouldn't degrade your performance that much, e.g. you can set the resident av scanner to scan all files or only certain types of files, disabling it entirely isn't a good idea IMO.

Comment

I have AV INSTALLED. But not running. I scan every file I download and I do a full system virus/spyware scan every week.

The first thing I did when I installed my AV app was to disable all AV-related services and startup items and figure out how to manually do a scan at MY convenience.

I have YET to detect a virus. I occasionally get a spyware hit from using IE to view certain IE-only webpages.

And yes...I update my AV patterns regularly

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                      I have AV INSTALLED. But not running. I scan every file I download and I do a full system virus/spyware scan every week.

The first thing I did when I installed my AV app was to disable all AV-related services and startup items and figure out how to manually do a scan at MY convenience.

I have YET to detect a virus. I occasionally get a spyware hit from using IE to view certain IE-only webpages.

And yes...I update my AV patterns regularly
                      Yes but that is hardly normal behaviour of most Internet users, and thus not a good idea for them to do.

Most major outbreaks of worms and vira is caused because noremal users' systems are lacking in updates of av and windows and firewall configurations.

As I said for normal, non-tech, Internet users shouldn't toy with this unless they know what they are doing. How many do you think that would remember to reguarly scans their PC manually, or check if scheduled scans are in effect? If they did, then there would be much less malware on the Internet, or at least less effective outbreaks.

Comment

I'm certainly not recommending this to anyone and everyone...

But I WOULD recommend it to somebody who plays games and finds that running AV scanners slows them down.

Comment

Working...
                        X