how do i do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i do this?

i have 2 computers....1 can handle bf2 and dont have internet...the other 1 cant handle bf2 and has broadband....how can i hook up broadband to the other comp but still be on this comp?

thanks in advance

Re: how do i do this?

You need ONE computer that can handle BF2 AND has a broadband connection. It looks like all you need is a router so the PC that can handle BF2 has internet access.

Comment

Or activate Internet Sharing on the Pc with broadband.

Comment

yeah...my 13 yr old brain is small..how do i do that?

Comment

why dont u connect the broadband line to ur pc that can run bf2?

Comment

It's really a lot easier and probably faster if you just google 'internet sharing XP'

Comment

If you have multiple PCs and 1 internet connection you really SHOULD have your parents get and set up a router.

Comment

The right answer is to connect them together as a lan and set the broadband one as a proxy server to the other. Look on internet how to set it up.

Comment

Internet connection sharing within Windows is, I believe, a bit tricky and inefficient, plus the main computer would have to be on when you want the second PC to play BF2. You still have to wire a network between them so it would be far easier to purchase an ADSL Modem Router and connect both PCs to that. They dont cost very much.

The router handles the internet connection and can work totally independant, plus you have the added hardware security that comes with routers (called NAT) that, in a nutshell, hides connected computers from the Internet.

Comment

Holy moly...the easiest way is to buy a router.

Plug the broadband connection into the WAN port on the router and plug both machines each into their own LAN port of the router...AND YOU'RE DONE!

How easy is that???

Comment

hey thanks talus..i fiunf a router at home and it worked..no more bot playing for me

Comment

Routers rock

Bots suck

Comment

Working...
                        X