• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 crashes my PC

guess nobody knows

Comment

i'm having the same problem, the maps loads up til about 13-20% and reboots my computer, both single player and multi...i haven't played for a week now and still can't figured out why yet... farcry, CS S, HL2 are run fine w/out a hitch...it's very annoying..i don't think it's your system

I'm running P4 3.4 ghz oced at 3.8
      xfx 7800 gt
      2gigs corsair

all my drivers are updated and i even tried rolling back to my old drivers no help, tried the ccleaner..didn't work either...i would reformat but from what i heard it wouldn't help...

maybe a virus in my flash memory or my boot memory? i have no clue..but you're not alone buddy....help if anyone know anything :wall:

Comment

Ya, it really sucks.

Comment

Off Topic, but I have to know; Where do you guys get those "FireFox User, Logitech User, BF2 Player, American" tags in your sigs?

Comment

ummm... www.userbars.com

Comment

so kind of sound card are you guys using? i'm using a creative live 24bit...a lot of people are experiencing the same problem wit the same card

Comment

Originally posted by ahhnold
                Ya, it really sucks.
                I noticed you posted your dxdiag info in the sticky I mentioned, that wasn't the idea, you should post it in this thread, instead of cluttering the sticky with it.

It would be a good idea to delete the post in the sticky and post it here instead.

In you dxdiag many of the chipset drivers are from 2004 or earlier, and most have Windows version numbers. To me that indicates that your are using Windows plug&play drivers instead of having installed VIA chipset drivers.

What chipset driver version did you install and from where??

Try installing the VIA Hyperion Pro (11 October 2005) or VIA Hyperion 4in1 (12 April 2005) from here:
                viaarena.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, viaarena.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

(Pro version contains SATA/RAID drivers and is only difference):

Maybe you have to reinstall your graphics drivers after this too, because normally you install chipset drivers then gfx drivers.

Comment

OK, i'll try that.

Comment

Does the comp just shut down or due you get a blue screened?

Comment

Working...
                    X