Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnecting 10 seconds into the game

hello,

Ok I reinstalled my game, and installed patch 1.03. Now whenever I go into a server, I can play fine for about 10-20 seconds, then the game freezes and exits the server saing, "Your connection to the server was lost." I have opened all ports I know of through my router for BF2 and it still happens. Has anyone else had similar problems like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Disconnecting 10 seconds into the game

How is your connection?
    Have you done a trace route to see if there is a problem somewhere between you and the server?

There could be a router down somewhere near your ISP and maybe you're getting packet loss.

Comment

My internet is fine, I never get d/c'd. This hasnt happened to me before in BF2 as I am rank 4, so it used to be fine. It happens to me on every server I go into not just one, so its kinda hard to traceroute it out. Any other hints?

Comment

Just traceroute any server while you're having the problem and post the results.

If the problem is close to your ISP's backbone, then it can happen that way.

I'm not saying that's what the problem is..but it's good to rule it out.

So, download a program like Ping Plotter (http://www.pingplotter.com) and leave it running in the background doing traces to the server you're about to play on.

Join the server.

When you get disconnected, go back to PingPlotter and check the tracings.

Otherwise, do the usual things like:

-Update Punkbuster manually using pbweb.exe or pbsetup.exe
        -delete your cache
        -turn off any and all software-firewalls and anti-virus apps
        -turn off ANY background processes that you do not require to play BF2

Comment

Also check the stickies for Issues about cleaning cache and PB updating.
          Consider also a new Dload n install of a diferent location patch file.

Cheerz.

Comment

Its punkbuster dude do a manual update there are 3 ways to do this.

Go here & get the files 1 by 1 http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php

Same link dnload PBWEB (it sucks, slow) use it to update.

Go here dnload the BETA UPDATER from EVENBALANCE it will update all of the PB games on your comp at 1 time & its fast. Its what I use cause I have 5 different PB games I play. http://files.filefront.com/pbsetup/;.../fileinfo.html

Comment

Working...
            X