Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*sigh* I'm starting to think it might be a better idea to remove skull and crossbones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh* I'm starting to think it might be a better idea to remove skull and crossbones

It's so ridiculous how much friendlies run over your mines relative to enemies. So...I've been thinking the solution to the screwed up logic of these peolpe who run over mines (and punish) has to be to remove the skull and crossbones. Does this make any sense...about as much as it does for more friendlies to be running over your mines more than enemies.

I'm actually not sure if I'm joking as I type this, so, seriously, what do you think?

Re: *sigh* I'm starting to think it might be a better idea to remove skull and crossbones

Umm...I know you're frustrated, but removing the warning indicator makes no sense

Comment

Re: *sigh* I'm starting to think it might be a better idea to remove skull and crossbones

You can blow up the mines now....with a grenade or the tank's cannon...that's all I know

Comment

Just make it so mines and claymores don't count as TK's that is the simple solution, C4 still should as someone is incontrol of it.

Comment

Re: *sigh* I'm starting to think it might be a better idea to remove skull and crossb

Originally posted by Psycho
          Just make it so mines and claymores don't count as TK's that is the simple solution, C4 still should as someone is incontrol of it.
          And how about the TKing abuses that would flood every single server imediatly after something like that was implemented?
          If mines and claymores didn't count as TKs, you'd see people putting mines on every one of your own vehicles and claymores at every friendly spawnpoint.

A better solution is needed here.

Comment

I think an easy fix would be to change the symbology. I've ran over a mine before thinking it was a C4 charge. But I've also been held up countless times by having to stop a vehicle to inspect the skull'n'bones to see if it is actually a mine or not.

C4 - Blue skull'n'bones, or maybe even a red 4
            Mines - Keep the red skull'n'bones
            Claymore - Yellow skull'n'bones, or maybe even a red Y

Comment

Teamkills should just remove 1pt from score/ team score .. get rid of this punish / auto punish pish !!

Comment

Re: *sigh* I'm starting to think it might be a better idea to remove skull and crossb

Originally posted by Talus
                Umm...I know you're frustrated, but removing the warning indicator makes no sense

That's the point he is trying to make. It makes no sense that your team pay more attention to mines without the skull and crossbones, than to "friendly" mines with the warning symbol. It is meant to be a warning, but it seems like it would be better to just let em pay more attention for mines.

Anyway, the mine 3d map symbol and the C4 3d maps symbol should not be the same. When driving armour, I have had to stop, and really look at the skull to see which it is. It wastes time. Why not just a red "C4" over, C4? The skull can be kept for mines.

Comment

Teamkills should just remove 1pt from score/ team score .. get rid of this punish / auto punish pish !!
                  No, I'm pretty darn sure it takes away 4, before the punish.

Comment

Originally posted by =ASE=DEV1OUS
                    I think an easy fix would be to change the symbology. I've ran over a mine before thinking it was a C4 charge. But I've also been held up countless times by having to stop a vehicle to inspect the skull'n'bones to see if it is actually a mine or not.

C4 - Blue skull'n'bones, or maybe even a red 4
                    Mines - Keep the red skull'n'bones
                    Claymore - Yellow skull'n'bones, or maybe even a red Y
                    How about
                    C4- a red "C4"
                    Mines- a red "M"
                    Claymore - a red "C"

Comment

Here's a design to show the difference.
                      Also having the icons draw at about 50m instead of 30 will allow jeep drivers a bit more time to stop... if they do at all.

Edit: There is a function in the BF2editor that seems like it could be a good solution.
                      If a mine/claymore has been deployed for more than a certain amount of time, then it will no longer count as a TK if set off afterwards. So after fourty five seconds, even if it blows up a friendly, the deployer will not be faulted. That could work.

Comment

How about instead of using Icons, you just put:

STOP!!!
                        NOOB THIS IS A MINE! IT'S ON YOUR SIDE!!
                        IT'S HERE FOR A REASON! DON'T RUN OVER IT FFS!!!!

Think that would work?

Comment

Nope, they'd deliberately run it over to get rid of that big text blocking their view.

Comment

Doh! Good point.

Actually, I really like your icons.
                            Nice and clear. I don't know if they would help much, however.
                            I don't think the problem is because people mistake mines for C4 or whatever. I think it's more likely that they don't see them in time when they are moving quickly, don't look around when they are close to a mine, or are just flat out ignorant.

Case in point:
                            I was setting up some mines to help protect the rear base in Kark. The bridge was already blown, so I knew the enemy would be moving in through the water a access route. I layed down a patern that would allow people on out team to carfully pick their way through (since they can see 'em), but that the enemy was likely to hit due to the probabilities involved.

So what happened?
                            Some guy on our team grabbed a Jeep, came driving along, saw the mines, GOT OUT to look at them, got back in and intention drove into 'em!!
                            This all before I could finish typing, "Watch the mines! You can get through, but be careful." I hit enter on the chat message just as I watched him (horrified) get back in and drive into 'em.
                            Of cource he punished me. What's worse, he typed out "fuk you noob! Don't block the exits!"

My reply was not a plesent one.

*sigh*

I said screw it and ran off to join the front lines like every other shaved monkey on our team. That base was taken about a minute later.

Comment

i think that they should just take team killing out of the game all together.
                              you shouldnt have to pay for other people's mistakes.
                              and the missles shouldnt hit friendly's either. im so tired of shooting a missle at a jet, and being noware near a friendly, and then have the missle vear off and hit a freadly chopper or somthing on the other side of them map, THEN getting punished for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X