Map Strategy Guide 32 Player Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Strategy Guide 32 Player Size

Are you tired of the enemy winning and your team losing due to no teamwork? no prob, i made guides to winning!

This will update everytime i make a stategy

Strike at Karkand 32 Player (Arrows may not be perfect)

Sharqi P. 32

Dalian Plant 32

Daqing Oilfield 32

Dragon Valley 32

Fushe Pass 32

Gulf of Oman 32

Kubra Dam 32

Mashtuur City 32

Operation Clean Sweep 32

Songhua Stalemate

Zatar Wetlands

Re: Map Strategy Guide 32 Player Size

*Updated*

All maps now strategized and ready (arrows are ugly)

Comment

Yeah i think everyone had worked out that you have to take the flags in BF.

All that promotes is n00bs using the planes as taxis.

Comment

yeh GL to whoever uses those "strategies"

Comment

*shighs* may be is was a bad idea to post this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six Three
            *sigh* maybe it was a bad idea to post this thread.
            And yeah, I'm pretty sure at this point players know that in order to get a control point, you go from point A to point B.

Comment

Nah good on ya, worth a try but I'm sure it's clearer in your head than on those images.

You have the right idea though, tactics beyond just capping flags are important but hard to do outside of clans. Co-op is difficult to organise - most commanders will already know this.

You must identify what flag has what assets and when to take them. i.e taking the two flags that have the tanks in mast city is important, taking the Chopper pads as well.

Defending is just as important as attacking but most times not as interesting or rewarding.

So much to think about with tactics that normally doesn't exsist in most games. That's why it is important for a commander to focus purely on the job and not rambo it up on field.

my 10c

Comment

Check out ATC if you wanna make map tactics without using Paint.. It even has drawings for each individual flag on all the maps.

Comment

I know what you want to say with that, but it can't be said with maps that have lines drawn on them. What really matters is communicating the method of execution, with squads (here comes the funny part) actually doing it.

You won't have something like that because you don't get commander untill something like 20-30 seconds are already into the game. By then all the crucial assets are already well on their way to the wrong place. And for sure, the squad leader is not flying/driving. Those pictures are great simple theory with absolutely no practical application.

What a picture can't show, is how force multiplying assets are going to support the units taking the flags, and how those units should be employed AFTER the first 5 minutes of the game, when the original plan has absolutely gone to ****.

That's what commanders are for. Communicating to squads the changing battle plans and layering the various air assets. But there I go, living in my own fantasy world where planning can bridge to proper execution.

Any maps inital playbook can easly involve five pages of text only, and many more involving possible contigencies and bridges between the squad to CO comms net, to include TS or vintrilo. Then based on the commander, boundries on autonomous movement of various assets should be established. If you want to do damage as commander, find yourself a clan that will read and follow the gameplan as described long before the game. Otherwise keep banging your head against the wall trying to make order out of the chaos.

Edit: After some more review of the maps above, there are a few serious errors even with just the arrows. Almost like you just put up some maps, drew some red arrows and called it good to go. I don't suppose you've actually RUN the routes, have you?

Comment

man maybe it was a bad idea indead

Comment

no no, just take a look with me, and you can adjust if you wish. Perhaps it'll be educational.

First off you really need to specify what type of unit is made to run the route. Kubra Dam and Zatar Wetlands you have routes going through alot of grey area. A guy with a jet could make it and jump out and see how he fares, but with Kubra Dam it's quite unlikely he'll take that by himself. A full BH would do better IF it could make the trip. And I'm not sure we should be encouraging people to be using jets like that (you're the commander, you make the call).

Another trend I notice is that you encourage special ops routes for back areas on mostly uncapturable bases while neglecting this as a valid plan when they actually have a chance of taking something vital (Songhua Stalemate, Dragon Valley, Strike at Karkand). I'm looking mostly at US, but I'm sure you see what I'm saying. Enemy rear areas are key for disruption, and enemy airfields must be held at all costs.

The are also arrows that don't quite make practical sense (Dragon Valley: Barely any arrows follow roads, and there's two arrows for helos, but which asset goes where? And do you really expect the cobra to take that, it's going to be HOT when it gets there). While you can guess that you should be following the roads, putting the arrows off will make the route seem shorter than it actually is, which may cause timing (and execution) problems.

Now the one that really gets me is Sharqi Peninusla you have routes going for the TV station, which if you want to take it can only be for boats. Now there are massive cliffs next to the TV station, and half those routes are completely impractical.

I see other things, but I don't want you to think I'm just making trouble for you. Just if you go back to redo these (as I hope you will, as you seem to want to come up with good plans) specify the particular asset, and visualize it running the route. If you see what it sees and go where it goes when drawing the line, you may just have something here. I really look forward to revised maps, if you choose to do so.

Comment

Working...
                      X