BF2 and Expansion pack maps Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 and Expansion pack maps Question

Hi, does anybody know if servers will be able to run both BF2 original maps and the Special Forces expansion pack maps together? that would be on a ranked server, also both games will have to be played using one disk i.e you were able to run BF1942 if you had Road To Rome in your player.
    Its just I can see the community being torn in two and it would be a real joy if EA had thought of this and allowed a clan run server, to run both sets of maps and mix them up and keep all happy!
    I hope EA are not thinking that clans would fork out for a second server to run the expansion pack, that is not going to happen!
    I feel sales for the expansion pack would be increased if people knew servers would be able to run both sets of maps.

Re: BF2 and Expansion pack maps Question

No, SF servers will be pure SF, regular BF2 will be regular BF2. They said that they might allow this in a patch but gave no indication of when.

Comment

That would be pretty stupid just to have pure, it would be nice to have both

Comment

I bet it has to do with the rank tracking system, if you were to run both map types it would some how have to switch between tracking SF and BF2 on the fly, keeping track of your weapon unlocks between maps etc. If it's anything like BF2 there will probably be servers running just one map from the expansion 24/7.

Comment

Working...
        X