Need expert advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need expert advice...

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 :hmm: little did I know before purchasing BF2 my pc wont run the game with the Radeon 9250 I have installed in it. I am either going to buy a new PCI card or a new mobo (pci-x) and card. My question is will battlefield 2 run on a Geforce FX5000 (PCI) and if so what settings should i expect to put it on to run it smoothly. Im just wondering b/c the 5500 is not on the "supported" list. If in fact its not supported or its a waste anyways b/c the 5500 is to low of a card, what mobo-card should i upgrade to? Thanks in advance soldiers. OoohRAh!

Dell Dimension 3000
    P4 2.8Ghz 533Mhz FSB
    1024MB RAM

Re: Need expert advice...

One more thing... will does anyone know if the FX5200 will run it also? Thanks in advance -

Comment

What sort of price are you willing to spend on a mobo and GFX card. yea a 5200 will run bf2 but barley

Comment

get a 6600gt, there very good. around 150 bucks. if u can afford it.

Comment

ok well the dell dimension 3000 doesn't have a pci-e slot, it only has a pci slot, thats primarily why i didn't get it and i got the dell dimenison 4700. anyway the best you can get is a gf 5700le which can run bf2. its on newegg.com so try looking it up, im sorry to say though that you'll be running it on low settings

Comment

Thanks guys, im gonna go with a FX5500 for now, in a few months ill be building a baddass machine, but theres no way in hell im gonna wait that long to continue playing BF2 ( been playing at a buddys ) Thanks again -

Comment

Go with a 6200 or 6600 if you can.

You should avoid with FX series at this point.

Comment

Working...
              X