Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wish there was a game mode with no tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wish there was a game mode with no tickets?

I do .... it would add more variety to the game.... instead of just who can get to the flag first.. more action also

Re: Do you wish there was a game mode with no tickets?

Originally posted by FusioN[90thSFG]
    I do .... it would add more variety to the game.... instead of just who can get to the flag first.. more action also
    No.

People would have no incentive to move anywhere, all they would do is find the enemy spawnpoints and camp out closeby.

Comment

i think it would be pretty fun with more admin.... i hate servers that have rules that they dont enforce, although screw that Xbox360 comes out soon

Comment

I still wish they put in CTF. CTF on DC was fun as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by tripleplay369
          I still wish they put in CTF. CTF on DC was fun as hell.
          Bingo. CTF > Conquest

Comment

man that would be one long endless round. It wouldn't even be a round, just an endless fight!!!!! Ok if thats what you want...

Comment

no
              too much spawn camping = not very fun gameplay

Comment

Gah...... I screwed up the post... I meant to say " Do you wish there was a game mode w/o spawns taking tickets?" Ah well

Comment

I think I'm going to start worshipping a golden statue of Raptor sooner or later. He's totally right. Flags give you an insentive to move. Otherwise a game could go on for hours with no action. I mean, who wants to be the first person to get out of their well-covered camping spot? Also it would make the game more of an issue of patience than skill ( a lot more).

Comment

I just wish you could alter the ticket ratio on ranked servers.. Full 64 player rounds go too quickly at just 100%.. 150 or 200 or even 250 are better.

Comment

Originally posted by alwo
                      too much spawn camping = not very fun gameplay
                      Maybe that's why BF2 is boring.

Flags giving an incentive to move in BF2 is a bad thing. That's because you never see defense, it's terrible how rarely a flag is defended if it isn't the closest one to the fight. (and the only reason those are defended is an indirect cause, the other team is spawning there to get to your next flag and just try to get the 2 points for killing you on their way to get more points for the control point capture).

Comment

The whole point, and what I don't want the spawn point caps meaning you win the game if you have control over them, you just have more of an advantage with armor, choppers, etc... but it would make the rounds last a lot longer and such...

Comment

Originally posted by FusioN[90thSFG]

yes, variety is the spice of gaming... something other than capture the flag would be nice too...

and no, i don't want to go play AA...

Comment

EA messed up with only one game mode, even if there was another game mode that was crappy but different from conquest... it's nice to know you can switch around if you get tired of it

Comment

I wish there was more game modes, and sometimes i wish that there were more tickets on maps, maybe a 100 more. I've seen 300 tickets on a 64 player map get eaten up really quickly...but then again, as mentioned, that would make it only worse if they were spawn camping and such, so...i think they are fine the way they are. But CTF would be a fun change!

Comment

Working...
                              X