• Show
Clear All

• New PC, how well will tis run?

AMD 64 3000 venice
    dfi lanparty sli dr
    ati radeon x800 256 mb pci express gddr3
    fortron 500 watt psu
    OCZ enhanced latency 512mb 2-3-3-8.

any suggestions will be welcomed.Thanks.

Re: New PC, how well will tis run?

X800 what? Theres no such thing as a reg. X800.

Nice choice with the Forton PSU.

Overclock the 3000+ Venice and you'll get a mix of mid-high settings.

Comment

Umm their is a normal X800 here it is:

Buy SAPPHIRE Radeon X800 128MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card 100109L-BL with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

i got tis 1, but the 256mb version. Also if i get 1gb of ram which will make it 1.5gb will it run on all high settings?

Comment

Wow, I coulda sworn there wasn't a vanilla X800...

I dunno how good the videocard is, but judging from the reviews, its not very good. 1.5GB memory would definately help, but the videocard might still be a bottleneck.

Have you already bought it? If not, get a 6600GT.

Comment

Actually those reviews arent for the right card. The reviews u were reading was the 128mb version. I got the 256mb version. Also i am thinkin about adding this RAM to my pc. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227206

i've already got the ocz 512mb ddr 500 (pc4000), so i think its compatible. Also 1 more question is their any program which lets u know the temperature of ur cpu, ram, video card?

Comment

There really isn't much of a difference between 128 and 256, so your best bet would be to return that and get a 6600gt.

Comment

i have the venice 3000+ as well and i overclocked it to about 2.10 Ghz or somewhere around there, and i have a 6600GT great bang for ur buck well worth the $$$ for now but i dont know how long it will hold up for.

Comment

Rofl Get This Instead:
                Amd Fx-57
                10 Gigs Of Ram
                Quad 7800gtx In Quad Sli Keke El Oh Els

That Should Pump Out Something Ungodly Like 7 Million Fps @ 23 Thousand Anti Aliasing Super Duper High Quality Aiiighht
                Ya Rly

Comment

Originally posted by shaun1
                  Rofl Get This Instead:
                  Amd Fx-57
                  10 Gigs Of Ram
                  Quad 7800gtx In Quad Sli Keke El Oh Els

That Should Pump Out Something Ungodly Like 7 Million Fps @ 23 Thousand Anti Aliasing Super Duper High Quality Aiiighht
                  Ya Rly
                  if u cant say something helpful then dont say anything... i have the 6600Gt and i love it i would go with the 6600Gt and nvidia is optimized for BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by SHAHEEN
                    AMD 64 3000 venice
                    dfi lanparty sli dr
                    ati radeon x800 256 mb pci express gddr3
                    fortron 500 watt psu
                    OCZ enhanced latency 512mb 2-3-3-8.

any suggestions will be welcomed.Thanks.
                    probably medium but to run it on high get a gig or two of ram

Comment

Now tell me why would u go from a Ati X800 12 pipe line 256bit and 256mb of
                      ram to a little ol 6600gt please!!! thats like trading in you 7800gtx for a 6800...

Comment

Yea i was wunderin that to. I think the 6600gt has faster clockspeeds, but x800 has 12 pixel pipelines.

Comment

Memory doesn't make a huge difference if the card can't use it. There will be, at best, a tiny improvement over the 128MB version. Would you buy a 256MB FX 5200?

I can't really find much on the X800...its like it doesn't even exist. I've looked into the lists of the R420s and its not even in there. Basically..it looks like a X800pro, except with a 392 MHz Core speed, instead of 475, and a 700MHz Memory Speed instead of 900MHz.

I did do some basic calculations and found that the X800 would be 1.176 times better in flat out hardware specs than the 6600GT, however the X800s don't have SM3 and I believe PS3 so the 6600GT comes out on top overall.

Comment

Flanker post an imgame SS of bf2 and ill do d same. Make sure d map is gulf of oman.

Comment

What the heck does a screenshot by us have to do with how well his PC runs?

I run on max, btw, so just take any maxed out SS and you'll have it. Videocard isn't everything, RAM and CPU matters too...

Comment

Working...
                              X