Is BF2 getting played out already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is BF2 getting played out already?

I was chatting with some buddies last night about BF2, server play, etc. Some of these guys are world-class players from champion BF, 1942, AA, etc., and have been playing BF2 since the day the demo came out. The question came up - "Is BF2 getting played out", and is the level of on-line interest dropping already? It seems the attention span of gamers is getting shorter (not that this is a bad thing - could just be indicative of the cornucopia of new and interesting games and platforms that are available.)
    Your thoughts?

Re: Is BF2 getting played out already?

Well im bored of the game all ready im just hopeing BF:SF will inject some new life in to thios game for me

Comment

I'm waiting on a good mod that fixes the crappy weapon accuracy, allows the player to sprint for a longer time and more weapons/vehicles/maps.

Comment

Originally posted by heycarnut
        I was chatting with some buddies last night about BF2, server play, etc. Some of these guys are world-class players from champion BF, 1942, AA, etc., and have been playing BF2 since the day the demo came out. The question came up - "Is BF2 getting played out", and is the level of on-line interest dropping already? It seems the attention span of gamers is getting shorter (not that this is a bad thing - could just be indicative of the cornucopia of new and interesting games and platforms that are available.)
        Your thoughts?
        I think the reason is BF2 is a game that is somewhat easy to master. I was a newb to the BF series before BF2 came out (I own BF42 and BFV, but only played them sporadically). I usually play some BF2 about once a day, and already, I'm either first of second on the leaderboard just about every round. So, its feeling a little too easy. I see a lot of people scoring 80+ points on maps. People are figuring out how to dominate, and doing that for so long gets boring!

Maybe I'll have to start playing with another class or something.

Comment

I dont play BF as much as i did DC, but still enjoy it.

Wait for the mods, they'll add a great deal.

Comment

I think the reason is BF2 is a game that is somewhat easy to master. I was a newb to the BF series before BF2 came out (I own BF42 and BFV, but only played them sporadically). I usually play some BF2 about once a day, and already, I'm either first of second on the leaderboard just about every round. So, its feeling a little too easy. I see a lot of people scoring 80+ points on maps. People are figuring out how to dominate, and doing that for so long gets boring!
            But surley it must be hard for those who are beneath you on the leader board.

Comment

You know what would suck? If all the mods suck

Comment

Originally posted by puglous
                Yeah they must be a bunch of n00bs i had a score of 100 and the nearest person to me was on 60 and that was in an APC on songhua stalemate.

Comment

I'm not bored with BF2, but I wish there was more variety in the maps at release. I can't believe how ridiculously similar all of the Chinese maps are - FuShe Pass, Dragon Valley and Dalian Plant might as well all be part of the same map. The least Dice could've done is made one of them a winter map, one of them at a different time of day and the other one left as is. That way it wouldn't seem like you're playing in the same damn mountains every round.

Then you have the MEC maps, which are arguably better and have more variety but are still too similar in my view. You got the two 'weird' maps, Kubra Dam and Operation Clean Sweep, which, to me, were poorly executed. Kubra Dam seemed so cool in all the preview screenshots, but I think the dusk setting and the ridiculous placement of the MEC airfield throw out any semblance of a real battlefield that might have existed. Operation Clean Sweep is just a bad map. The dark setting, washed out colours don't make the map seem like its any fun - not that I'm complaining that it's 'different' but it always ends up turning into a flag-hopping fest.

Yea, BF2 is fun, but the maps are disappointing. And what's up with there being no Chinese city maps but MEC gets 3 of them?

Comment

Originally posted by puglous

Yes, but it doesn't take long for someone with any experience in FPS games to quickly master a class and consistently end up at the top of the leaderboard. In a pub at least. Its not just me. It was hard. I'm just saying the game loses its playability when you're not challenged anymore.

I know leagues offer an added incentive to play, but for people like me who work 50 hours a week, are working on an MBA, and have a girlfriend, there's just no time for leagues. I only play in the mornings before work anymore.

Comment

I'm already sick of it, i can't wait till we get some mods.

Comment

cant wait to mods or BF2:SF comes out

Comment

Sometimes get bored
                          switching to bf1942 mods will help
                          waiting for the big BF2 mods....8)

Comment

if you dont like it go play call of duty 2 i mean u either like or you dont i like it for one !!why, because when you look through the scope and get that feeling of invincibility shooting or thrusting a knife into another person it gives you a sence of enjoyment

Comment

Originally posted by heycarnut
                              Your thoughts?
                              I'm already bored with it. Dice and EA kind of sold us a bit short, at least I feel that way. Where is the variety? Here is a few rants on why I am bored with it:

-Maps? What maps, there are only 12 of them, don't give me that scaling size **** either, smaller versions of the same map does not make 36 maps. It's the same ****, just more boxed in with less flags and a different vehicle loadout, mite as well call it Day2 and Day3 (ala Desert Combat). That is literally nothing that couldn't have been done in BF42 or BFV. BF42 had 18 maps straight out of the box. DC (a free mod I mite add) had 24 of their own maps at the end, and when you add all the BF42 maps they converted and made two versions of, they had a c#nt hair over 50 maps. pwnt.

-Vehicle Variety? One tank for each side, one IFV for each side and one form of troop transport? BF42 and BFV had two tank types for each side, two different modes of transporting troops. Don't get me started on how much variety in vehicles there were in Desert Combat (though biased towards one side), it was almost insane. Once you know how to use any vehicle in BF2, you can effectively use them all. Boats, oooooooo we get a rhib...

-Vehicle Loadout? Come on man, there is not enough armor. Most maps, your lucky if there is one tank and two IFVs on a 64 man server. Where are the big slugfests that we all liked.

-Helicopters? They handle like $hit. I've heard them compared to BFV helos, frankly, that is an understatement. The BFV helos handled better than these, seriously.

-Tickets. Why bother grabbing flags, you basically need all of them to start a bleed, so most maps are basically won by attrition (who can frag the most).

-Spawning. Why oh why did Dice put only about 3 player spawns per flag? BF42 and BFV typically had 5 or more for each flag, alot harder to rape a base (I'm guilty of this) when you can't sit on the spawn or see everyone when you are trying to rape it. I'll use Gazala (bf42 map) as an example, both mains had 8 player spawns and the cap'able bases had 7 player spawns.

What really sucks, the chances of maps getting fixed, probably falls somewhere between slim and none. Why? If they fixed one map, it would add at least 6 megs or more, because they can't run map extensions (ala BF42 and BFV) and fix it with a small 20k patch. Not to mention, if they haven't fixed it now, after everyones bitching, they probably won't do it later either.

As someone else had already stated, it is a very simple game to get good at, especially if you played the other BF games before. It almost feels nubbed out.

/End of Rant

Comment

Working...
                              X