X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone send me...

...everything in this folder?

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Objects

It has to have all the roads (folder and contents) and stuff set up. Something went weird for me and I can't do roads. If you have it I'll PM you my email address. Thanks.

Note if this is illegal (don't see why it would be) just lock or delete this thread.

Re: Can someone send me...

Why don't you uzip them from your Objects_client, and Objects_server in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2?

Comment

nobody can send you that, the files in that folder are over 600MB

Comment

>_> that sucks.

Comment

Why not just reinstall?

Comment

I got the CD version since the store didn't have the DVD. I really don't want to reinstall.

Comment

Well, my friend, if you are into mapping, here is a suggestion. I have the CD version too, and once the number of times i had to reinstall everything increased, i had this idea.

Delete everything, make backups if necessary and delete everything including bf2 editor, custom maps, mods etc. Reinstall the game, reinstall the patch, reinstall the editor. Now, since the problems that editor causes which results in a reinstall are related to objects not registery, you can do this.

Without doing anything, but anything at all, right after reinstall is done with everything, copy your EA GAMES folder to your desktop or somewhere else. That's your backup. Now when something goes wrong, you can just copy and paste that folder, so you don't have to deal with:

1. Slow install (installing from CD is a hell a lot slower than moving files in your harddrive from one place to another)

2. changing CDs

3. reinstalling the patch which takes very long

4. reinstalling the editor

so reinstalling everything manually can take over 25-30 minutes, whereas what i told you won't take over 5 minutes (I have SATA, it takes less than 2 minutes).

Comment

Hey, never thought of that. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X