Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froze at 15%*Sorted* Crashed to Desktop at 74%...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froze at 15%*Sorted* Crashed to Desktop at 74%...

Da_Sniper told me to load my map back up on editor and sav, I saved everything, it got past the 14-15% barrier but while the excitement ran through me *dum dum* DESKTOPPED :S
    Any ideas??

Re: Froze at 15%*Sorted* Crashed to Desktop at 74%...

yeah happens to me all the time! i wanna know too!

Comment

have you tried using windowed mode?

Comment

Many people have told me it is my overgrowths..
        But I don't have any only trees and ferns, I guess they count as overgrowths technically.
        I will now try in windowed now. Bare with me..

Comment

There she blows

Comment

You have an Item that isnt finished by EA. An Item that is still under construction or never will be finished who knows... EA Sucks...

And I just realized that I can use the Normal Mode on here again. Must be the new Firefox 1.5 RC1 that I got. Good to see that that is finally fixed.

Comment

EA dont make any Items
              Im afraid we have to blame søta bror/dice/the swedes for that.

Comment

Hmmm, Now she is stuck on 14% again, did what Da_sniper said but still, no luck

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SashDaMan
                  Hmmm, Now she is stuck on 14% again, did what Da_sniper said but still, no luck
                  well there is one solution and its simple, remove that house you added. If you dont know which one, you can write down the name from the debug error and then go in the editor, open house folder from left subtree and check one by one to see which one it is. then find it and remove it from your map.

Comment

That was for the 74% error, but this is different there is no error number, it just completely jams up and freezes and locks your comp for about 10 mins.

Comment

might be memory related (and probably is). Not that your memory is bad, it's just the game uses memory incorrectly. Test your memory latency to see if it's running the normal clock speed. If your computer crashes to dekstop instanly or with waiting doesnt really matter, the point is if you don't get an error message, that's because the assembly code in BF2 engine can not locate correct memory contents. Well that's very complicated to explain here. but the point is, it is related to memory, but it happens because of the BF2 not because you did something wrong.

there are 2 essential things needs to be considered when you making a map.

1. making everything correctly
                      2. making everything correctly AND making it work with BF2 engine.

so this means, you can make everything in order, and logically they are not buggy, but the stupid BF2 engine may not like it. so you have to satisfy it

Comment

Originally posted by TAW_DaSniper
                        You have an Item that isnt finished by EA. An Item that is still under construction or never will be finished who knows... EA Sucks...
                        Yeah like the shopping mall,and the underground tunnel for the mecs etc etc

Comment

Working...
                        X