Crashes as soon as i hit Join Game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes as soon as i hit Join Game...

Hey all i need some help. When i hit the BF2 icon its loads up fine. It even lets me see the server lists and stuff. But as soon as i click "Join Game" it crashes back to the desktop. THis happened about two weeks after i installed the new patch. For those two weeks everything was working fine. Ive tried thousands of suggestions and the worst part is...i cant install or uninstall the game. Its stuck on my DADs computer!
    *gulps*

Re: Crashes as soon as i hit Join Game...

System specs?

Comment

i had the same problem, then i uninstalled it and it wont let me re install it again damn dude.. good luck.

Comment

um try geek squad or mabye the server doesnt have the patch???

Comment

This means that it has lost the CD-KEY. It normally happens when you install the patch under a different account than the one used to install BF2 originally.

Reenter the code using the .exe in /bf2/support/ folder and then run this file to encrypt the key.

ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/E...CDKeyCheck.exe

Comment

thanks ill try the cd key

Comment

Originally posted by MacOSX
              Hey all i need some help. When i hit the BF2 icon its loads up fine. It even lets me see the server lists and stuff. But as soon as i click "Join Game" it crashes back to the desktop. THis happened about two weeks after i installed the new patch. For those two weeks everything was working fine. Ive tried thousands of suggestions and the worst part is...i cant install or uninstall the game. Its stuck on my DADs computer!
              *gulps*
              single player work fine? sounds like my problem.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38832

ill try to see if re-entering my CD-Key works too.

EDIT: NOT a good idea, after resetting my CD Key i get 'invalid cd key' error. so now i dont crash, just a new problem. brilliant! lol.

Comment

Working...
              X