No announcement yet.

One squad to squad to rule them all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One squad to squad to rule them all...

I just played the best teambased game in BF2 since released. I was squad leader, had 5 really kewl squadmates and a commander who knew what he was doing.

It took me about 5 rounds to get the squadmates. Anyone who didn't have VOIP or wasn't working as a team I removed from the squad.

The commander and I would talk over 'V' and try to figure out what was needed to win the game. I then communicated what we needed done to the squadmates and we did what he asked.

Whenever we needed a supply drop or UAV he was there. Whenever someone was trying to sneak up behind us our commander would let us know. It was like we were the ONLY squad on our team that got anything done...it was awesome.

Every objective our commander sent us to capture we did.

We were taking out groups twice the size of us with minimal effort.

As squad leader I would hang back as a mobile spawn point and pick off who I could, but most importantly communicate what we needed to do.

Wherever we went I suggested, never ordered, that certain people in the squad cover certain directions. I'm by no means a "military man" or have military training, but I knew that everyone trusted each other with their assignments.

What was even more awesome were the squad members WANTED to follow my suggestions. I wasn't trying to find a group of "yes men", but rather people who knew how to play the game and enjoyed their role.

Here was the squad:
    • Squadleader me - SpecOps, I was responsible for detonation of fixed objects and taking out stragglers and snipers (I play sniper alot and know all the spots)
    • Support - this guy made sure we never ran out of ammo
    • Medic - this guy must had revived me at least 4-5 times a round when I tried to take out enemy armor with my C4. He would hang back a little behind the rest ready to revive if needed and giving general support with his L85A1 (he also helped with taking out enemy snipers).
    • Assault - this guy was a god at close and medium combat, he was our point man into all encounters
    • 2x Anti-tank - depending on the map we would have 2x Anti-tank or 1x Anti-tank with another Assault or Medic. Often I failed to take out armor with my C4 it would give these guys time/distraction to take the armor out. Both of them also had their unlocks and would support the Assault guy.

We didn't need an engineer because our commander always made sure to have a supply crate for us and the enemy never blew any bridges to stop our advance. As such we got artilleried ALL the time until we took out the enemy artillery. We learned to space out and I always would be 10m or more away from the bulk of the group. We rode in vehicles at all times with whomever wasn't in a vehicle supporting those vehicles (watching for SpecOps or blowing AT mines to clear the way).

This is what the game was all about. I think I wet my pants several times last night. Thought I would share.

Re: One squad to squad to rule them all...

Now if only the rest of us could find squads like that

Comment

Join a clan! That resolved my squad problems!

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
        AzzKicka123: OMG U KILLED ME IN ! SHOT??!?! WTF1!!1!!

SnipaWolf7: I'm using the sniper ri..

AzzKicka123: HAX!!1!1
        nice sig!:laugh:

Comment

Heh,

Thanks .

Anywho's, I am in a clan, though sometimes I am lonely, and craving some BF, so I load up a game enven though none of my lovely clan mates are on.

Playing the game with a clan, and using teamwork/tactics is great, too bad I can't do that without actually playing with people who are only in my clan

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
            Now if only the rest of us could find squads like that

Comment

Working...
            X