6800GT or x800 xl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6800GT or x800 xl?

Okay im stuck to choose either 6800GT or x800 xl? The 6800GT is cheaper. But the x800 xl has 50 more mmhz. Could anyone find the cheapist on a uk site?

Re: 6800GT or x800 xl?

6800gt > x800xl Period. You have no choice. Anyway Nvidia clock speeds and ATI clock speeds cna't compare, it's like apples and oranges. The GT is better.

Comment

Are the price of either going to come down soon and if so how long? also is there a way to change ur slot to a pci-e slot

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
        6800gt > x800xl Period. You have no choice. Anyway Nvidia clock speeds and ATI clock speeds cna't compare, it's like apples and oranges. The GT is better.
        LOL it's just not that clear. (period) They are honestly more or less tied in terms of performance. It really comes down to the individual game itself.

FarCry is a good benchmarking parallel of BF2 in terms of graphics and cpu usage. Check it out.

Comment

7800gt

Comment

Are they going to come down in price?

Comment

At overclockers.co.uk (a great site to buy from BTW)

HIS Excalibur x800xl :£211.44 (w/arctic cooling installed)
              Sapphire x800xl: £187.94
              (both 256mb)

XFX 6800GT : £205.57

And as you saw, it seems benchmarks are very close and the prices are close too. I'd just go with whichever you've enjoyed using in the past: ATI or nVidia.

Comment

Can u show me the link to the saphire x800xl?

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead
                  Can u show me the link to the saphire x800xl?

here u go bud

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Comment

Yep, second from the bottom on that page. Might be worth checking out 'this week only' as sometimes they have good graphics cards knocked down cheaper.

I'd still go for the more expensive one for the arctic cooling; stock cooling can be crap, and you might be able to overclock the arctic one if you're into that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X