Co-op Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-op Mod

I've played the WCC CO_OP MOD and had a blast with it.

I was wondering whether it was possible to have another game type- an objectives based CO OP MOD.

I noticed that in the latest BF2 SF video there is a switch being triggered-which opens a gate. Does that mean that these interactions can trigger other events such as spawning of enemy reinforcements, an AI controlled Helo to pick up players, a blown bridge might signify a successful mission etc. The list goes on.

I was thinking along the lines of 10 player CO-OP games with teams needing to tackle certain objectives in order. EG destroy enemy artillery, take spawn point, take vehicles and move to heliport, disable the radar, wipe out reinforcements, rv at captured helo pad - 2 blackhawks arrive game over. Obviously- some serious streetfighting shenanigans in between, relying on teamwork along the way (maybe even forcing medic/gunner/SF/Sniper/Assault as slots to be filled- maybe SF and Medic need to be filled before the game begins.

I think this would be make for interesting map making- mappers would have to work with coders to ensure that scripts allowed for the most interesting gameplay available.

Small squads/clans could have some tight and exciting games, that encouraged teamwork and make full use of the players' skills and kits.

We may have to wait to see what other code changes have happened in the EXP.

Any thoughts from the coders out there?

Re: Co-op Mod

Any input ...at all?

Comment

I agree, that would be a blast. Gotta have a small amount of people to pull it off though. Just to many bots, would lag the game bad. PS2 had Conflict Desert Storm and Back to Baghdad. Those weren't the hardest games, but my buddy and I played those over and over for months. It was also based on a squad system, eventually we left our squad mates behind and just did it ourselves, "Over Here!"

Comment

I must admit...there's something very appealing about using THIS game engine to make a CO-OP game. A game where objectives and teamplay are more of a way of life than playing with/against the NOOBS who deliberately TK or the bunny-hopping, dolphin-diving marauders out there.

I would certainly like this to become a reality...

Is anyone out there working on this/exploring the possibilities? I hope so...

Comment

Working...
        X