Easiest Method for Playing As An Infantryman On A Vehicle Based Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest Method for Playing As An Infantryman On A Vehicle Based Map

Ok I'm not really good at writing these things but I finally found the easiest way to be effective on large maps and it turns out it's really really simple and I dunno why I ever thought of it before until now, I've been doing this on 64 player size maps too and those big maps are actually even better for this so....

SHORT VERSION FOR LAZY FOLKS

1. Get a FAV/DPV and drive it to the enemy flag
    2. Blow up the FAV/DPV with a hand grenade
    3. Start killing people till you die
    4. Repeat 1-3

LONG VERSION

Step 1: Get the FAV/DPV from your teams base, their the fastest land vehicle in the game obviously so you'll get to your destination quicker and the thin armor is actually neccessary for what you're gonna do, if you're really considerate you'll take the vehicles from the teams bases that are the least populated...usually the UCBs because other people are gonna need the vehicles up at the front lines plus there's no guarantee that the front line vehicles will always be available to you.

Step 2: Choose the flag that your team is attacking the hardest and haul ass over there, try to take a route that the enemy won't expect you to attack from...don't go knocking at the front door so to speak.

TIP: It's really important that you attack flags that the rest of your team is attacking, I tried going completely lone wolf and the reason I couldn't do so well is because you're the sole person making all the noise in their base and EVERYBODY is gonna know where you are everytime you fire, if you go in on a flag with your team and everything is really hectic the enemy will hardly be able to pick out the sound of your gunfire between all the other APCs, tanks and whatever else is shooting up in there.

Step 3: park your vehicle OUTSIDE of the enemies base, working your way from the outside to the inside towards the enemy flag is easier than dropping right in on it unless you like painting a huge target on your back, next blow up your vehicle as fast as you can (if you're quick it'll only appear on the minimap as an empty vehicle for not even a second) with a hand grenade/m203/AT round or whatever you got, why? if you leave the vehicle there intact it won't respawn back where you took it from and even worse if you leave it around and the enemy takes it you could be sitting back at the base after you die for minutes on end waiting for your DPV to respawn, buggies take about 30 seconds to respawn so even if you just get one kill before you die you'll only need the few seconds to run over to hop back in the vehicle before you're on your way to attack the enemies flag again

TIP: If you keep going at the same flag over and over smart players are gonna notice the jeep blowing up where you parked it and they'll just head over there and sniff you out, mix it up and go for different flags where people aren't expecting your visit.

Step 4: move around the perimeter of the base picking people off...this has got to be the most frustrating thing for them because I can do this and the bad guys will barely have a chance to get a fix on me if you just keep moving around (keep them guessing), most commanders use UAVs on enemy flags not their own so you're pretty safe to run away and hide if you really start getting heat, know where the open areas in fences are so you can escape through them if someones chasing you...get on the other side of the fence and wait for them to come through then blast them away, you can try to cap the flag but just going around the base killing people can be just as helpful as it keeps the enemy off your team so they can get the flag to neutral, once its neutral move in and help your team cap off the flag, when the flag is capped find another FAV/DPV and go to the next flag.

Another thing is there are some maps where it's really ****ing hard to get to a flag without running into a tank or APC that'll blow your ass away, mostly the ones that have only a single road that leads up to flags, maps like Dragon Valley, Fushe Pass, Kubra Dam etc etc...in this case you have to really make damn sure that your own teams armor has gone up ahead of you clearing the path up to the flag otherwise your buggy is gonna get blown up.

Re: Easiest Method for Playing As An Infantryman On A Vehicle Based Map

When I"m on a large map as infantry (such as Zatar Wetlands) I will usually grab a DPV and head over to the farthest few flags and cap them. When most of the fighting starts getting bottle-necked around the enemy base, I will grab my DPV, load up some squad members and start to terrorize the uncappable enemy base (the one with all the nice vehicles).

Usually we'll be driving the DPV and running over people in the process (get ALOT of kills this way) -- otherwise we'll be booby-trapping planes / helis / tanks / AA with mines or C4, even putting claymores on the TOWs. This really hinders the other team's performance as they will have to spawn at front line bases and will not be able to bring in alot of armor.

Comment

Working...
    X