Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zboard server in Chicago

WORST SERVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!

The pausing there is unreal. I just had to leave after 1 min it was so lame, yet it was full! I'm on the East Coast so it's not like I was connecting across the Atlantic or anything.

Re: Zboard server in Chicago

I have always had fun in that server, it does lag... check ping times, usually several clowns with super high pings can cause it to lag so bad it's unplayable. (I'm sure there is other reasons also)

Comment

Er... I hate to point out the obvious, but you do realize that 1 minute in the game isn't enough to finish loading the game objects into Video RAM, right?

I (and most people) always get chop for the first littlw while regaurdless of the server's quality.

Other than that, be aware that ping isn't everything. Packet Loss is the prime reason that you might have lag on a server that shows good ping. It really doesn't matter how fast you are communicating with the server if half the information is being lost!

Finally, just go find another server if you're having trouble with one! ZBoard Chicogo is fine for me and I live all the way up here in BC!

Comment

Yeah im in Seattle also... forgot to mention that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozirtz
          usually several clowns with super high pings can cause it to lag so bad it's unplayable.
          Not true.
          This is a computer gamer myth.

The server doesn't wait for people with higher ping. It actually spends LESS time on each client that has high ping that it does with low pingers.

It's another case of computer superstition!
          You observe that there is lag on the server. You also observe that there are some players with very high ping. Then the high pings go away and the server runs smooth. It seems like a valid connection, right?

Well, no.

Ya see, what was causing the lag for you was also likely to cause the high ping for those players you noticed. They may have been suffering from packet loss and eventually had to be dumped OR things might have settled down and their high ping went away (thus you don't notice them anymore).

The only problem that high ping players can cause is that they jump and jitter in odd ways. This makes it hard to hit 'em and don't even THINK about getting in a vehicle with 'em! The good news is that it's just as hard for them to hit ANYTHING!

Just jumpin in to dispell this myth again.

Comment

Originally posted by motorboatJones
            WORST SERVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!

The pausing there is unreal. I just had to leave after 1 min it was so lame, yet it was full! I'm on the East Coast so it's not like I was connecting across the Atlantic or anything.
            Never again, all I know is...last time I was in there, The vehicles both air and land were skipping across my screen like Fukkin skoolgirls and I couldn't track $hit for a kill. Taht servers lags horribly, don't know why, but it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
              Not true.
              This is a computer gamer myth.

The server doesn't wait for people with higher ping. It actually spends LESS time on each client that has high ping that it does with low pingers.

It's another case of computer superstition!
              You observe that there is lag on the server. You also observe that there are some players with very high ping. Then the high pings go away and the server runs smooth. It seems like a valid connection, right?

Well, no.

Ya see, what was causing the lag for you was also likely to cause the high ping for those players you noticed. They may have been suffering from packet loss and eventually had to be dumped OR things might have settled down and their high ping went away (thus you don't notice them anymore).

The only problem that high ping players can cause is that they jump and jitter in odd ways. This makes it hard to hit 'em and don't even THINK about getting in a vehicle with 'em! The good news is that it's just as hard for them to hit ANYTHING!

Just jumpin in to dispell this myth again.
              We need Myth Busters to take this case on lol. I have been in servers where my screen in jumping when I fly or drive... I always thought it was my PC burping.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozirtz
                Yeah im in Seattle also... forgot to mention that.
                Best BF2 Ranked Server!

Our Ranked server is in Seattle, Washington USA
                Name: Raging Rebels Ranked 1.03
                Server IP : 209.160.40.25
                Port : 16567
                50 players on 64 player all maps 2 rounds, teamswitched at end of each round.
                VOIP + Fully functional Battle Recorder.
                Dual Xeons 3.0's 2gig RAM 100Mbit
                Fully dedicated we don't share it so absolutely no lag ever!
                Almost always an admin on
                Rules:
                No camping uncappable mains till last flag
                Commanders Don't Fly, resign or get kicked
                Tkpunish for an accident or your own stupidity = kicked

When only the best will do, drop by and have a game with us sometime, if you can get onto the server because its full 24/7

Comment

this server sucks. it was the first server i ever joined when i first got BF2 and i hated it. nothing but lag and everyone popping back and forth like rubber bands. even the players in the server were complaining. all the problems went away as soon as i joined a different server though and i am confident that this server just plain sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                    Er... I hate to point out the obvious, but you do realize that 1 minute in the game isn't enough to finish loading the game objects into Video RAM, right?

Finally, just go find another server if you're having trouble with one!
                    1) It was an exaggeration, man.

2) No sh*t Capt. Obvious.

Comment

Yea, I played on their servers for a few minutes shortly after the game was released.. haven't been back. They sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                        Yea, I played on their servers for a few minutes shortly after the game was released.. haven't been back. They sucked.
                        Ditto, lagfests with only 40 of 64 since anything beyond that is horrid. Them and divo.net's servers can pound sand.

I'll stick to the one's starting with 70.86, Trinity Gaming I believe, they rock for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                        X