Rank/Badges in SP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank/Badges in SP?

I mostly play SP and thought it might be nice to still be able to achieve badges/rank on the SP "server" (ie. my local machine, no LAN). I haven't seen any hacks for this, but it might be a nice mod for those who don't play online 24/7 Maybe someone more familiar with the code could look into to it? Is it even possible or are all the ranks/badges handled on EA's end only?

Re: Rank/Badges in SP?

I guess its possible i'll look at the files but i'm not for certain.

Comment

That would be awesome! I am sure I am not the only one who would appreciate it

Now if only EA would release the Bot editor app thingie so some of the awesome 3rd party maps could be SP too...

Comment

See this sticky thread on the BFSP forum: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~bf42play...showtopic=2925. It is not trivial to do but it has been done.

Comment

jdrou, thanks for pointing that out! I've never seen that site in all my googling It doesn't look "that" involved...I already have Apache, PHP and MySQL setup on my local machine for at-home web "work", so it's already half installed

Comment

Originally posted by RSL
            jdrou, thanks for pointing that out! I've never seen that site in all my googling It doesn't look "that" involved...I already have Apache, PHP and MySQL setup on my local machine for at-home web "work", so it's already half installed
            That's a great forum. Much lower traffic than here or PBF but some good info on SP/co-op and modding.

Comment

I got the mod installed...works well If you've ever installed and configured a server with PHP/Perl/MySQL, this mod is a no-brainer. 95% of the work is doing that. If you don't have all the files/APIs you need, there are some downloads you'll need to do, but other than that, it's pretty much just a few steps:

1) Setup server w/ Perl/PHP/MySQL
              2) Alter just 2 files of the game (using the GNU patch program)
              3) Alter paths for .pl script files and DB connections
              4) Copy PHP files to the public folder of the server
              5) Play

A separate DB and copies of the files will need to be made for each one, but it does work with mods since it's based off of the built-in stats of the default game. What's really kinda cool about it is that the bots earn rank too and you get to see all their stats as well If you set it up so it uses the same bots all the time (ie. not random), you can see just how good/bad each is

Comment

Working...
              X