Headsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headsets

I bought the logitech usb 350 headset today. enerything is installed fine. i tested it on the pc first in the control panel and verified the headphones and mic are operating. in the bf2 controls i have enabled voip, i have tested the headset and hear myself on delay. I have entered a game and pressed b and seen the little icon in the upper right that is a green speakerphone (sometimes it turns red and others it is red and green cracked, which i assuming is broken or staticy comms.) and talked. but i hear no one back, nor do i see mine or anyone elses name at the bottom left when talking. ive selected the battle commo in the filters so i guess im seeing all voip servers yet some i see the icon when i push b and others i dont. is it possible everything is fine and i just havent yet been in a server at the same time as someone else with a headset?

Re: Headsets

anyone anyone?

Comment

it means your talking to loud. balk away from your mic or turn your mic volume down. hope it helps,punisher

Comment

This one had me going for awhile.

It turns out that more than likely, everything is fine on your end.
        The thing is, many servers turn Battle Coms on in their admin, but never bother to set it up properly. The result is that you are actually transmiting just fine (thus the green speaker icon), but it's not going anywhere.

Try going to different servers. Listen and talk. See if there's any chatter going on. When you find one that is actually working, mark it in your favorites!

Oop. Forgot to point to the obvious first; make sure you join a squad! It only works within squads, just in case you didn't realize this.

FYI, the red cracked speaker icon means that you've overloaded the mic. You spoke too loud and it might sound garbled on the other end. Try moving the mic a little furter away from your mouth and playing with the sensitivity/boost settings in the audio properties.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp

The thing is, many servers turn Battle Coms on in their admin, but never bother to set it up properly. The result is that you are actually transmiting just fine (thus the green speaker icon), but it's not going anywhere.

Try going to different servers. Listen and talk. See if there's any chatter going on. When you find one that is actually working, mark it in your favorites!

Oop. Forgot to point to the obvious first; make sure you join a squad! It only works within squads, just in case you didn't realize this.

FYI, the red cracked speaker icon means that you've overloaded the mic. You spoke too loud and it might sound garbled on the other end. Try moving the mic a little furter away from your mouth and playing with the sensitivity/boost settings in the audio properties.

Hope this helps!

everything was fine, found a server with other headset players heard em fine moved the mic down a bit like below my chin not as overloaded just a matter of finding the servers i guess thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp

Hope this helps!
            Ive noticed this too , thats why when your on ask can you hear me? to squad members and if your leader speak to the commander... then press l for squad talk if noone responds and ask if they heard you , chances are if they speak back its your problem but its usually like he said the server.

Comment

Working...
            X