Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHz
    Asus P4PE Motherboard
    1024MB Corsair XMS Ram
    Western Digital 80GIG HD Caviar
    Gigabyte 6600GT AGP
    Sound Blaster Live 5.1
    Sony DVD
    Asus CDRW

Basically, I just upgraded my display from a CRT which was running 1280 x 960 Resolution to a Dell 2005 FPW (Widescreen) which is running 1680 x 1050 resolution. Now that I fire up BF2 the game immediately crashes to desktop without even giving me the EA Games video or anything? Is this a known issue or are there settings I need to change? Help! Thanks

Re: Help with new Crashes

It is because you are trying to open the game with the old resolution and its refresh rate.

1) edit your video.con in ..\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000X\ so resolution/refresh rate is set to:
    VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@60Hz

OR

2) delete the folders in Profiles and start BF2 and go into Manage Accounts and Retrieve account again.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Ok, I've seen this everywhere, but nobody's tips help me. I'm currently running multiple monitors with two different resolutions (Primary - 1280x960@72Hz) (Secondary - 1152x864@60Hz) BF2 worked before, but after many aggravating attempts, I finally patched it, and now it doesn't start. I've tried deleting the files, and I get the same thing (black screen and crash back to desktop) even though it's trying to run the default resolutions and refresh rate. Any tips? I'm running a Nvidia GeForce 6600LE 256Mb.

Comment

Originally posted by MistaPresident
          Ok, I've seen this everywhere, but nobody's tips help me. I'm currently running multiple monitors with two different resolutions (Primary - 1280x960@72Hz) (Secondary - 1152x864@60Hz) BF2 worked before, but after many aggravating attempts, I finally patched it, and now it doesn't start. I've tried deleting the files, and I get the same thing (black screen and crash back to desktop) even though it's trying to run the default resolutions and refresh rate. Any tips? I'm running a Nvidia GeForce 6600LE 256Mb.
          Try settings both monitors to run at 60Hz.

Comment

I upgraded to a new LCD monitor and had the crash on startup problem. This sorted it -

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=26078 -

2. Move your Battlefield 2 folder in My documents and put it on your desktop. When loading BF2 Again it should force it to create a new one using default settings.

Comment

Safe disk may be out of date. Go to the link below to down load the new update. You will need to reinstalled the whole game and the full 1.3 patch to get it to work.

Comment

Ok, I think I know what it was. I was using **** files that were for the older version, and when I updated, it was still trying to run the outdated **** files. So basically, I can't play unless I get another disk : ( or I can find another **** crack for v1.3. It's just my luck that I find out later my bro took the disk when he moved.... blech.

Comment

Working...
                X