Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does BF2 support twin views a la MS Flight Sim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does BF2 support twin views a la MS Flight Sim?

Complete n00b so please excuse my ignorance.

I was thinking that as I have two monitors and a decent gfx card with twin outs (7800GT) I could utilise both monitors at once. I'm not really bothered about splitting the display either horizontally or vertically; moreover looking for different outputs to each.

For example map / command map on one screen and usual fps view on t'other. Thought it may also be useful to take an external view if you were a tank driver (so you could spot a C4 carrying spec op trying to sneak up) and the traditional driver / gunner view on the other monitor.

I know this sort of thing works with MS Flight Sim so you can have controls on one monitor and external / pilot view on the other.

Question is does BF2 have this option and how do I enable it?

TIA

Re: does BF2 support twin views a la MS Flight Sim?

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't, since it doesn't (didn't?) support widescreen modes.

Comment

Re: does BF2 support twin views a la MS Flight Sim?

Originally posted by warcow
      Complete n00b so please excuse my ignorance.

I was thinking that as I have two monitors and a decent gfx card with twin outs (7800GT) I could utilise both monitors at once. I'm not really bothered about splitting the display either horizontally or vertically; moreover looking for different outputs to each.

For example map / command map on one screen and usual fps view on t'other. Thought it may also be useful to take an external view if you were a tank driver (so you could spot a C4 carrying spec op trying to sneak up) and the traditional driver / gunner view on the other monitor.

I know this sort of thing works with MS Flight Sim so you can have controls on one monitor and external / pilot view on the other.

Question is does BF2 have this option and how do I enable it?

TIA
      The simple answer is no.

Why? Becasue it would be cheating, you would have the clear advantage over other armor users when it comes to spotting people around your tank, having a secondary view of the battlefield.

Comment

Working...
      X