Commanding on Wake Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commanding on Wake Island

I know this subject has been discussed several times, so spare me on the "use the search button" replies

Last night I was playing Wake with 2 clanmates. The server didn't have many people in it, and I've been working on getting my time in as commander up, so I took commander duties for China on the 2nd round.

Several minutes into the round the USMC took our airfield (yeah, big surprise). Up untill this point I had full control of my arty. After the US took the flag though, they gained access to the arty (I believe it was C4'd prior to this).

My clanmates and another squad fought for and finally won back the airfield flag. I waited a couple minutes after its capture, and my arty button was still 'grayed out'. I suicided, came back as SpecOps, and went down and blew up the arty. After this, it STILL wasn't showing up, and wasn't visible on my minimap either.

I dropped a supply box on them, and still NOTHING. I suicided again, this time coming back as an engineer, and wasn't able to repair it -- it was still USMC arty. The one that the supply box hit was back up ready to fire, but still belonged to the USMC. All of this time the flag remained in our posession.

At this point I was pulling my hair out. I suicided again, came back as SpecOps for the 2nd time and waited for the transport helo to spawn again. I hopped in the helo, flew it to the USMC arty/island, and then blew up their arty. I dropped a supply box to complete the C4 work, and when it was all done, my arty button was back and charging up. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sincerely hope this is some sort of 'bug' to the map and not a 'feature' EA put in.

Re: Commanding on Wake Island

Did you use the search button?

lol

Yeah it's a bug but I've never seen someone actually try to figure out exactly what happens like that. When USMC talks over the airfield they sometimes also take over the China assets. They are unavailable to the commander and blowing them up by USMC after the flag is captured will result in team damage (but not always it seems).

Weird that they didn't go back to you afterwards though....

Comment

First time i'v heard or seen this and I play on WAKE alot!

Comment

When certain people got to beta test the patch they actually found out that bug and reported it to EA. Of course, nothing was done about it.

Comment

Well unless you blow all the arty "completely" you won't get it back. They all have to be completely destroyed and you need control of the flag. It is a stupid bug, all things considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggz
            When certain people got to beta test the patch they actually found out that bug and reported it to EA. Of course, nothing was done about it.
            I thought DICE developed and maintained the game? Even still its EA's fault for not passing it on...anyway

I haven't had this happen yet, but it's another reason I either want my money back or a patch that actually brings the game to near QC pass quality

Comment

ur a moron

Comment

Working...
              X