Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steps to fixing 1.03

OK. SEE THESE 9 steps.

1. Go to Start>Run and type in regedit and click OK.
    2. Find this key:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc]
    3. On the right hand side there should be something called (Default). Double-click or Right-click>Modify to open the Edit String window. Your CD-KEY should be in the Value Data box. If it is not, or if something else is there, replace it with your CD-KEY. (Do not use hyphens but use capital letters)
    4. Close the registry editor.
    5. Start the installer.
    6. Select your language, then click Next. Stop, but do not close the patcher yet.
    7. Go to Start>Run and type in %TEMP% and click OK.
    8. A window will pop-up. Press F3 and search for BF2CDKeyCheck.exe and then run the .exe
    9. Now close the patcher and start the game.

i just tried them and got to 2nd step. i have no Ergc inside my BF2 folder, just a wdc folder, it might be because i saved it to a none default location. but where would it be?

Re: steps to fixing 1.03

in your /Battlefield 2/support/ folder you'll find an .exe named Battlefield 2 Code.exe.

Run this and reenter your BF2 cd-key and it'll create the missing key in the registry (ergc)

BF2 won't connect to a server until you do this.

BTW, installing the patch manually like this may cause more problems in the long-run.

Why do you have to do it manually?

Comment

cuz it wont work! baaah. it just does FRiggin "invalid cd-key" does 1.03 work for you. of so is there anyway ud be willing to dedicate time to teach me from cratch after a clean install of BF2 how to do the patch

Comment

When you install the 1.03 patch it *must* be with the same Windows XP account as you used to install the game with admin rights.

Invalid cd-key just means that you need to run Battlefield 2 Code.exe to reenter your key and then the program you got from my ftp server.

There shouldn't be anything else to do !

Comment

are u sure. is there anyway u can put that into idiot term....i kinda suck with PC's

Comment

oh but did u read my first post that noone commented on. it explains my dliema, my old user got messed up. i i toook over another one, but i finally figured out how to install it off of my old user, and re-installed on mine, but it still wont work.

Comment

oh but did u read my first post that noone commented on. it explains my dliema, my old user got messed up. i i toook over another one, but i finally figured out how to install it off of my old user, and re-installed on mine, but it still wont work. im still getting the "invalid cd-key"

Comment

As I said earlier, if you're getting that after running both programs I mentioned it's because BF2 still thinks that the game was installed on a different XP account as the patch.

I can't remember but did you say you had reinstalled the game + the 1.03 patch under the same account?

Comment

yes i did. ingame it says version 1.1.2551 even after running 1.03 atch?

Comment

Yes that's correct. 1.0.2442 was the original version of the game before any patches.

Any errors in /my docs/bf2/dmp/patchlog.txt ?

Comment

Typing the CD-key manually in registry is the same as using the Battlefield 2_code.exe as ptegan suggests I think.
                      After running the battlefield 2_code.exe, then run bf2cdkeycheck.exe to encrypt it.

Comment

for some reason i cant locate bf2cdkeycheck.exe using %temp% then f3. but its saved directly in my Battlefeild to folder, and i cant open it by just double clicking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Newglory
                          for some reason i cant locate bf2cdkeycheck.exe using %temp% then f3. but its saved directly in my Battlefeild to folder, and i cant open it by just double clicking it.
                          What do you mean you can't open it?? I think it just opens briefly and shuts down again, the way to check if it worked is if the key in registry is longer than the number of alphanumeric characters in a BF2 cd-key.

Comment

OK what the fack. whats the registry?

Comment

wait i just double clocked cdkeycheck.exe 2wice nothin came up at all... and then tried running BF2, bnow instead of it saying invalid cd-key when i try to connect. it jsut crashed.

Comment

Working...
                              X