Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.03 CTD to Desktop straight after splash screen

Help!!

When I try to launch BF2 it goes to the splash screen then strait back to the desktop. When I CTRL + Alt + Delete BF2.EXE show in the processes but the program never launches. I have deleted and reinstaled both BF2 & the patch manually and am not having any luck. I have also checked refreash rates and set to 60htz. Still I cannot get the game to work.

What should I do?? Are there any servers still running on the 1.02 patch?

Can someone please help me.

Re: Patch 1.03 CTD to Desktop straight after splash screen

There maybe some servers running v1.02 but very few.

Have you tried updating all of your drivers? If not then check the sticky in the hardware forum on how to update your video drivers which are probably the most important in BF2. Also consider updating all other drivers such as sound and motherboard as well.

Comment

Did you delete your old profile when uninstalling?? If error lies in a setting in there and you reinstall, then error remains.

Try deleting the folders in ..\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\ and then start the game again. This will start BF2 with default settings. Use Retrieve in Manage Accounts to get your login settings back.

Comment

hey guys thanks for your help. I have a nvidia 6600gt & have updated drivers to 81.85. I haven't updatd sound and motherboard drivers though i only have onboard sound. How can I update these??

I have tried deleting my docs BF2 folder and I have also manually uninstalled bf2.

Comment

Your sound drivers should be updated with the motherboard drivers, otherwise check the onboard sound maker and look on their website.

Also I have read that a lot of people seem to be having trouble with the 81.85 drivers, so try rolling them back to the 79.xx drivers.

Comment

81.85 cause the problem. I had the same thing when I installed those. Remove them completely (check guru3d.com for help) and use a different set. Im using 78.01 I think and they work great for me (6800)

Comment

Working...
            X