18+ knife kills is easy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18+ knife kills is easy stuff

people are saying vet knife is easy ,i havent chased my knife badges yet but i am saying 18 or 18+ kills where i play isnt easy at all possible may be but easy means to me that u can repeat that all the time?:laugh: i dont think so ! but u guys tell ur stories plz and correct me or back me up are some(i say some) vet knife badges stat padded ? .i play against good players 2 not 5yr olds

Re: 18+ knife kills is easy stuff

People probably just say that to make you think you suck. For some reason most people who play this game perfer to make you feel bad as opposed to making both of you feel skilled. I guess I wouldn't know though because I've never tried.

Comment

I imagine going through the various allys in Kardkand 64 player server with only 20-30 players online (so the game lasts a while) would gain you some knife kills. Basically, ignore the fact you're going to die a lot, and just run around with the knife, using it whenever you can.

Knifing snipers who go up ladders onto buildings and knifing people on stationary machine guns are always good, as is sneaking around and coming up behind people. But you have to have some nice luck thrown in there too.

As for me, I only have about 10 global knife kills. I might go for it soon, I'll let you know how it worked out.

Comment

smart man well said

Comment

everyone already had their vet knife and pistol badges before the new patch came out

Comment

:cry: i got confused with the old requirment but like u said many got b4 1.03 witch means 18+ now its expert is that right? besides i think ubar is wrong as ive need 25+ or so kills to get my vet combat/support/spec ops badges

Comment

Hi xRAMBOx, I see you around the Aussie GameArena servers, so I know what sort of gameplay you can expect on them.

Here's a little experiment I did a week or so ago - a "Knife Only" character - just to see how it would go. Check the stats here: http://bf2s.com/player/Knives_Only/

As you can see, all kills were using the knife. You will also see that my average kills per round is just over seven. You'll also notice that I haven't earned my expert badge yet - 18 kills always seems just out of reach.

I played exclusively on GameArena #2, the 64 player infantry only server. It's obviously not worth trying this on say, Fushee Pass, where everone is in a vehicle. Unfortunately the infantry server is spam-city, very little real gameplay goes on (just grenade launchers galore), therefore the games end very quickly. The best bet for Expert Knife is to wait until the wee hours of the morning when the player count is down a little, meaning the games will last longer.

In short, Veteran Knife is easy - really easy. Expert Knife requires some special circumstances to let the games last long enough.

Lastly, a couple of tips for knifing:

1) Spawn camping with a knife is hilarious. You may need to couple this with some other lame tactic like parking a vehicle on the other spawn points to block them up, forcing people to spawn in front of your knife.

2) Creep up on guys camping in humvee's. While they are manning the gun, jump in the back and knife them in the legs. If they are in the drivers seat, you can knife them in the head through the side window.

3) Go medic so you can heal yourself and you have decent sprint. Draw fire from people and lure into chasing you down. Run around a corner, heal up, then wait for them to follow you and run head first into your knife. Spot them as you run away so they appear on your minimap, zoom in full and you'll be able to see when they are just about upon you.

4) Be a crazy bastard. If you are fairly close to someone, sprint at them and do the jump-prone-knife manouver. You'll kill them 50% of the time. Unfortunately, against people with the PKM this figure would be a lot less however.

5) Defend a flag. You know how when people capture a flag they go prone in "that hiding spot". Just wait for them to go in for the capture, then run in and jump-prone-knife. (As an example, the corner behind the building on the western flag in Sharqi Peninsula.)

Comment

a fellow adelaideion hehe 32% with a knife good job guna try for mine now as i have the rest thanks for the tips gulfie maybe we can team up when i see ya or if ya my enemy we can swap bullets i play internode /gamearena

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
                  people are saying vet knife is easy ,i havent chased my knife badges yet but i am saying 18 or 18+ kills where i play isnt easy at all possible may be but easy means to me that u can repeat that all the time?:laugh: i dont think so ! but u guys tell ur stories plz and correct me or back me up are some(i say some) vet knife badges stat padded ? .i play against good players 2 not 5yr olds

I was able to get my Expert Knife Badge on Sharqi. Had my squad leader get behind the western spawn and hide. I just kept spawning on him, ran down the the left side where there is always a load of snipers and went to town, getting 4 knife's per spawn. I got my expert with about 150 tickets left on both sides.

If you can find a squad leader that will help, it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Gulf_War_Syndrome is right (good points as well) - to get 18+ knife kills in one round requires the right circumstances. To get any of the expert badges require the right circumstances.

A lot of players got all their pistol and knife badges when those types of servers were around. You've got to do it the hard way now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brucewillis2
                      A lot of players got all their pistol and knife badges when those types of servers were around. You've got to do it the hard way now.

Real men get it the hard way. F'ing knife pistol servers.....

Comment

Originally posted by Holle
                        Real men get it the hard way. F'ing knife pistol servers.....
                        you could say that.. although if those type of servers were around my area I probably would of given it a go.... 18+ knife kills is a headache.

Comment

Veteran Knife Badge doesn't require 18 knife kills in one round, the Expert one does. I have the veteran since it's only 7 knife kills, but that took me about 3 rounds to get. But when I think of getting 18, I just can't imagine how I can kill so many with a knife when sometimes I can't even kill that much with my rifle.

Comment

Well, I only resently desided to go for my knife badge. I'd gotten a stab or two in, but had never really used the knife much.

Then on Kark I managed to get 3 knife kills in a row and figured, what the hell, and started to push for it. I was on MEC and got lucky when the front line broke forward into the US main spawn area. I proceeded to do a little stalking with my sharp friend.

Finished the round with 17(!) knife kills! WOO!

So, yeah, I guess it should be doable to get 18.
                            I'm just gonna have to build my way the the required 50 for vet first.

Comment

just i had alot ov people saying 18+ was easy but good man puglous has sum`d up that one

Comment

Working...
                              X