Second Disc Won't Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Disc Won't Load

I've installed BF2 on my friends computer and my sister's. Mine is better than both of there's. Yet, when I go to switch discs on the first disc swap (putting in disc 2) it stops and doesn't load past the Fu She map. Is this an installer problem? I have everything updated.

Re: Second Disc Won't Load

is ur cd all scratched up?

Comment

Try cleaning the disc.

Comment

The disc is immaculate. It's brand new. I even tried using my friends. To no avail.

Comment

Oh...then try a manual uninstall, followed by copying the contents of the CDs to the hard drive and installing from there.

Comment

did it, no dice. doesn't seem to get the proper DLLs. then if i get them from a third party (ie DLL-files.com) i get the black screen then desktop as though i'm some crappy integrated video card. then if i put in any disc. it still asks if i want to install. i tried it and it speeds through it fast since it already partially installed from the files on my HD. but, then i guess disc three has some important file son it that i missed because it asked me to swap discs. only for it to not load from that one either. just like it did for disc two.

Comment

it maybe just a windows problem. some setting some where. it's been acting a bit odd lately, maybe the last update?

Comment

seems more and more like an installer problem.

Comment

Hmmmm....Sounds like maybe the first disk is messed up or windows is messed up. If I were you return the game and get a new one.

Comment

Working...
                  X