What the hell is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is this?

Anyone have any ideas? It started after i layed down some roads in a city setting.

Re: What the hell is this?

at some point of mapping, have you ever touched the random tool? if you did, and even though you fixed what it did, that's one reason i know that causes this problem. If you haven't touched the random tool, then it's either level or smooth tool, anyways the solution is, you either need to delete those heightmap files and recrate them, or you have to manually fix the area using one of the tools in terrain editor.

Comment

Well i used the smooth tool and same results. If i remove the heightmap file, does that mean i need to reshape all of the terrain or repaint?

Comment

I dunno, but it looks ominous and cool

Comment

Originally posted by {HHx}b14ze
          Well i used the smooth tool and same results. If i remove the heightmap file, does that mean i need to reshape all of the terrain or repaint?
          well you have to be very careful with the heightmap file. when you remove the heightmap file(s) you have to recreate them. How? you have to create the same size map, and copy its heightmap files into your heightmap folder. this will give you a blank, heightmap that looks like a chessboard. And yes you will have to redo all the shaping and painting and everything. The road spilines should still be there, also terrain texture should also be there (but i am not sure) So its a very risky process. Did you try to fix them using regular tools (not smooth)?

Comment

That particular area is flat using the platform tool?

Comment

2 things is it the primary heightmap or possibly the secondary?
              I had this problem in one of my maps before and dont recall exactly what I did but try this.

Use the level tool with the highest strength - start at the bottom of the spikes where the terrain looks normal and slowly move out towards the spikes with mouse button held down - it might take a long time but it will save you from starting over.

Also if you find that it is a secondary heightmap I have an alternate solution.

Let me know.

Comment

Ok i tried smoothing it and all. No dice. How come that shows up in the game, but not the editor?

Comment

I made a post on how to fix it if anyone else has that problem.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...612#post485612

Comment

Um, It used to make this in BC1942 and BFV Craft, Is that at the very edge of the map? Cuz that was made it in the others

Comment

try using this!

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50928

Comment

I had the same issue i thought they would have fixed that crap with the new patch. Anyway what mine was is the surrounding terrain which was somehow selected, so i just removed the surrounding terrain patches and voila no more spikes.

Comment

Originally posted by NAK[n00gz]Wolf
                          I had the same issue i thought they would have fixed that crap with the new patch. Anyway what mine was is the surrounding terrain which was somehow selected, so i just removed the surrounding terrain patches and voila no more spikes.
                          are you talking about the Editor

i have seen no spikes is this a new issue with the jan editor

Comment

Working...
                          X