Problem with BF2. please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with BF2. please help!

Hey guys.. just started playing this game And I must say my experience has been a little frustrating. Sometimes during game play.. BF2 will just crash.. basically just close.. and doesnt give me any error codes

Here's the system I am running:

AMD 64 3400+
    ATI Radeon all in wonder 9600
    1GB RAM
    serial HDE (if it matters)

is my computer too weak for this game?

Can it be my video card overheating? but when the game crashes.. it goes back into windows.. and I have to restart the game to play again.. its getting kind of annoying because I was just promoted to Lance Coporal.. and I had I lost all the points I got from that game.

Thanks for all the help!!

Re: Problem with BF2. please help!

Also.. if this helps.. I recently upgraded my hde.. so I reformated my computer and installed the most up to date drivers for my video card, drivers were downloaded from the ati website

Comment

First of all your specs are fine. But i would recommend to get another 1GB of RAM. No this has been happening alot to many people in the community. Just BF2 does have a netcode issue that needs to be fixed. But what the real question is what video drivers are you using?

Comment

all i can say is update your motherboard / video drivers, and install all 3 patches, but i'm not sure why it is doing that, i think it happened to me once before aswell

Comment

Thats the thing.. my mobo, and vid card are all up to date. I am definately picking up another stick of ram this week.

thanks for all your responses. Ill double check everything and make sure I post up the results.. maybe it will help out someone else

Comment

I have had the same problem (crash thing)

Never had it before. But I just CANNOT play at all, earlier it happened once then was fine for a few hours happened again, and then again after 2 mins in the server. Now it happens every single time around 30 seconds after i join a server.

This cant be a problem with me.

Comment

Nope its not loadsa threads starting about this today! Wierd but true

Comment

Working...
              X