Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armour and Helicopter ribbons help!

So I am trying to get my armour ribbon.

I just played a round and get 21 kills with a tank. I was lucky and was able to get the tank right from the start of the map and everytime I spawned.

So what gives? I thought you needed 19 kills for the ribbon? I was in the tank the entire round, about 40 minutes. Do teamkills have anything to do with getting ribbons because I killed a couple teammates?

Also, while I'm posting the thread, what are the details to getting your helicopter ribbon? Again, 19 kills needed but is that only in the attack helicopters or can you get it by being a gunner in a blackhawk? Better yet, can you get it as pilot with kill assists or what?

Re: Armour and Helicopter ribbons help!

Originally posted by LowJacK
    So I am trying to get my armour ribbon.

I just played a round and get 21 kills with a tank. I was lucky and was able to get the tank right from the start of the map and everytime I spawned.

So what gives? I thought you needed 19 kills for the ribbon? I was in the tank the entire round, about 40 minutes. Do teamkills have anything to do with getting ribbons because I killed a couple teammates?

Also, while I'm posting the thread, what are the details to getting your helicopter ribbon? Again, 19 kills needed but is that only in the attack helicopters or can you get it by being a gunner in a blackhawk? Better yet, can you get it as pilot with kill assists or what?
    emmm, did you miss the bold red font at the top of this forum?

Comment

Ok, this is what I noticed. For my chopper ribbon when i got it, it did not give it to me until i had 23 kills! Not 19! I dont remember if that was the same for my armor ribbon, i wasn't paying much attention and I just got it lol...but I was paying attention for that dang chopper ribbon so...I believe its 23 kills, not 19 because that is when it gave it to me. My friend got it at like...25 kills or something...so...its not 19 kills I don't believe. Try it again and gun for about 25ish kills with the tank. Remember those kills have to all been made with a tank, so if you kill a guy while on foot or anything else, it doesnt count for the ribbon.

Comment

Same happened here - got a 29 kill streak in armour. I think u also have to be in it for 20 mins aswell shame 29 kills was damn funny

Comment

IAR: 20 minutes in an Armor Vehicle
          IAR: 19 kills in an Armor Vehicle

Likely didn't get it on the time requirement. Also, obviously might have gotten a kill or 2 outside of the tank?

Play a big map w/ a few players so there's a long game and only a few kills / player.

16 slots on 32 Karkand might be good, Kubra as well. Wake is good too.

Ditto on the proper forum posting though.

GL

Comment

What has happened to me a few times is when I get the requirement for a ribbon, or whatever, I either don't get notification or I'm so busy fighting that I don't hear the sound. Have you checked your stats to see if you actually did get the ribbon? I once spent an hour sitting in a jeep on the edge of the map trying to get my transport badge and never saw anything but I had the badge on my stats the next day.

Itar

Comment

Wrong forum.
              Moved.

Comment

Find a GOOD pilot and be a gunner, especially in the MEC Mi-28

The cannon has explosive rounds, much easier to nail infantry with.

Comment

u mean ARMER?

Comment

Originally posted by PimpYo
                    u mean ARMER?
                    Spell much?

Armor.

Comment

pwned

'Armour' is an accepted spelling though

Comment

If you are sure you got the time requirement in - then you did not get the kills that you think you did. READ ON BEFORE YOU FLAME.

You say you spent the whole round in the tank - which means unlike what others stated, all your kills were while in the tank (I can believe that)....but all your kills did not come from the tank. (huh? yeah - read on)

By this - I mean if someone flies by you in the FAV and you shoot them, but they try to jump out before it blows up, yet you still get the kill. Look at the kill - if it says
                        you [FAV] enemy - then you did not get credited for the the kill in the tank. You got credited with a kill from an FAV. The explosion of the FAV killed them, not your bullets. Since your bullets destroyed the FAV to begin with, you get the credit for the kill.

Your tank kills that count have to say [T90] or [M1A2] or whatever the tank you are in. Same with the chopper.

I see more of this happen in the chopper when infantry will bail out of an apc or jeep just before it blows up. You get the [FAV] type kill.

The same can happen when shooting an enemy helicopter if they try to bail out just before they blow up.

You are in the cobra - shooting at the MI-28. Just before you blow up the chopper, they try to bail out - thus your kills register as [MI-28] rather than [AH-1Z] or whatever it is because the explosion of the vehicle cause their death, not your gun. But in this example - Who cares because the [MI-28] is a helicopter and also counts for your kills for heli badge - heh.

Make sense?

Also, for future reference - if you are going for the badges that require 15h as a kit, 20 min IAR, and 20 kills IAR - or whatever the requirements. MAKE SURE YOUR STATS say that you have 15h....not 14:50 - then you get 20 mins in the round to put you over the 15h mark. You have to have the 15h in before anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
                          Spell much?

Armor.

Hehe. What's up Auto.

Comment

Working...
                          X