Problem installing BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem installing BF2

I was having some problems with BF2, so I uninstalled it and attempted to reinstall the program. When I tried to reinstall the program I recieved this error message, http://img497.imageshack.us/my.php?i...f2error6oz.jpg

I was planning to reinstall my OS anyways, so I put this problem off until after I reinstalled windows. I debugged, did a full format and reinstall. I installed my drivers in the correct order, and then installed my firewall, antivirus and spyware programs. At this point I tried to reinstall BF2, but I recieved the exact same error message. Before installing I closed out of my AV and FW and anything else that may have been running and only left windows firewall on. I had a look at my cd, and its not scratched.

I need to know a couple of things.
    1) what is the proper way to uninstall and reinstall drivers. I havent updated my drivers yet, because I dont want to make things worse by doing it the wrong way.
    2)Where can I find a downloadable version of BF2, so I could possibly burn my own disks, and just use my cd key. Does anyone think this could possibly work?

I'd apreciate any help anyone could give.

Re: Problem installing BF2

I forgot to put down my system specs.

P4 3.0 ghz
    256 mb ATI x600
    1gb generic ram
    250 gb 7.2k hdd
    soundblaster Live 24bit 5.1 surround sound audio card.
    playing on a 19in LCD widescreen TV

Comment

Working...
    X