No announcement yet.

How do you shoot down aircraft with AA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you shoot down aircraft with AA?

Actually that guide needs to be kept.

But AA sucks on jets.

If your team jets do not pursue the enemy, jets are virtually invulnerable.

We need a SAM trooper.

Comment

Re: How the @#$& do you kill aircraft with AA?

Originally posted by rsgx
      When I play airpower-heavy maps, I generally tend to get owned by the aircraft. Especially when I get in the IGLA/Stingers. Does anybody have any tips for shooting down aircraft with these things? I don't think I have even hit one aircraft in my entire time of launching AA rockets at them.
      You can't, all you kill wil be teammates.

Comment

And be very careful with those 8 missiles on the carrier. I pumped 8 out one day, missed the enemy jet, and downed 2 of my own. I got an earful from the commander but luckily didn't get kicked.

Comment

People. AA does not work. Period.

All this advance is bogus. As a pilot in training myself (just got my Aerial Service Ribbon), I've learned to just look backwards while flying if I've had a lock on for too long. If I see a missile coming, I veer or do a barrel roll.

I don't even use flares anymore.

Comment

LOL
            Originally posted by iewgnem
            Originally posted by KC.JADE
            How to use AA?

KC'S NUMBER 1 TIP FOR THE USE OF AA!

don't.
            The only word of truth spoken

If you manage to down a plane with the AA using any other tip people provided, congragulations, although chances are you died 20times before getting luckey.
            Says a person who's

A) air defence K/D is over 2 (though he hasn't used it much and BTW so is mine)

and mostly
            B) time spent in an airplane is well over half of his global playing time

Comment

Well, I actually managed to use an AA vehicle effectivly last night.
              Yeah, I was shocked too!

I was sitting in a fairly sheltered part of the map where I could see enemy plane, but they would have trouble getting at me without slamming into buildings. The commander (bless him) dropped a resupply crate on me as soon as I asked for one. I sat there spamming the crap outta the sky with both missiles and guns. My hit to shot ratio was still only around 1 in 8 with the missiles, but I did get some kills. More importantly, the skies cleared up around the flag I was assigned to defend.
              I didn't get a single Team Damge or Teamkill, but I'm thinking I was just really lucky.
              Hosed lots of ground pounders and helped do in a couple tanks while I was at it.

Key to using AA vehicles: Have a resupply box at your position!

Missile guidance is still borked tho.

Comment

Working...
              X