Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TEAM VEHICLE DAMAGE for destroying enemy assets?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEAM VEHICLE DAMAGE for destroying enemy assets?!!

WHY ?

Kubra Dam example:

USMC soldier captures MEC main base ( airport ) and destroys the eyes and arty. once the airbase has a US flag, destroying the UAV and RADAR net you TEAM VEHICLE DAMAGE instead of positive points. Those assets return each time with a US flag graphic on the side.

WHY?

that is sooo stupid. Its not like the US is using those assets, why are they considered team vehicles?

that should be fixed, i cant believe that didnt get noticed in the beta stage

Re: TEAM VEHICLE DAMAGE for destroying enemy assets?!!

I think when you caputure the point that has the commander assets and then destroy them... if you repair them then they become yours. so if you destroy them then you will be punished because they are yours now. and actually when your commander fires the arty you will notice that the captured arty will also fire.

Anyway, the whole tk and punish system in this game is far from being perfect.
    An example of an annoying tk: a friednly destroyed an enemy tank. after destroying the tank it happened that I moved beside it. the tank exploded later as usual. guess what! it counted as a tk against him! he destroyed the tank and did not touch me.... when the tank exploded later it counted as a tk against him! I "forgive"ed, but sometimes you hit "forgive" and it still punishes.

Comment

Maybe its an extension of the friendly enemy bug lol

Comment

I disagree that you can use the assets of the enemy once captured, destroyed and repaired, but only because i have not seen it for myself. I do know that the enemy commander was doing his best to repair those assets by spamming ammo crates on them. Why would he do that if he wasnt getting those assets back? I think that its a bug.
        Im guessing that even if the enemy has the base flagged, those assets are still usable by the commander if they are not destroyed.
        I think I will make sure to test this theory the next time Im commander, but as I recall, anytime I am commander, as long as my assets are fixed, no matter whose flag is up in the main base, I can use them for my team.
        When i have definative proof either way I will post results here

The only way to test this will of course be those maps where the main base is cappable. Karkand, Sharqi, Kubra Dam,Wake etc..

Comment

As long as the enemy commander keeps his toys repaired, they will always belong to him. But if they get destroyed and stay down for a period of time without getting repaired, they become property of the enemy.

I don`t know how long it takes, but my best guess is about 5 minutes. But like I said they must stay destroyed for that time frame without getting repaired.

Comment

hmm interesting post
            thanks

Comment

Its a more or less known bug on a few maps, and espacially ultra annoying in competative play.
              For example the Radar on Dalian_16.
              When the USMC captures the PLA base and destroy their Radar, it automaticly gets repaired and will then belong to the USMC.
              That means, when the Radar in the "real" usmc base gets destroyed, the usmc commander can still use the scan, because the PLA radar now belongs to him and is indestructable as long as the former PLA base is in the hands of the USMC.

Thats the reason why you get Team Vehicle Damage when you destroy the assets on those maps, altho they ar ein the (former) enemy base.

This is luckily not on all maps, and i think the only 16er map that suffers from this Bug is Dalian Plant.

And i really hope the 16er Kubra Dam is ok.

The only other map i know of that has this bug, is Wake Island, when you cap the Airfield(as USMC), the 2 Northern Artys will belong to the USMC team, meaning the USMC commander has 5(!!) Artys, and you get Team Vehicle Damage for destroying them.

One of the most annoying bugs in Competative play.

Edit:

No, there is no timeframe.
              As soon as you cap the Homebase, and destroy the Bugged assets, they even get repaired automaticly.
              of course, before you destroy them, they still belong to their righteous owner.
              But once blown up, they belong to the enemy.

Comment

Working...
              X