Crappy Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy Trees

Anyone noticed the crappyness of the trees? I mean they look great, but since trees in games are always made from transparent textures they are totally left out of antialiasing (AA only works on polys not on texel lookup). I have texture filtering set to high but they still look annoyingly aliased.

I also have AA set to 6x, but on a map with lots of trees the AA is almost useless.

SOMEONE FIX IT!

Re: Crappy Trees

well having geometry on to high helps make trees look better...(unless u already have that) but i played bf2 on low and medium geometry and there is a big difference in the quality of the trees

Comment

I have already got geomtry to high and i got AF to 16x, weird. U got a SS of ur trees from far distance? when i get near the trees it looks better, but from far it looks like crap.

Comment

Go buy a 7800gt and turn on transparent AA that will do it.

Comment

lol give me sum money and ill do it :P

Comment

Try "Ultra High" geometry, and see if it looks better. That's what I run at, and everything looks nice even at 800x600. I'm pretty sure it does make a difference, although not as big as low to medium, or even medium to high.

Comment

I c no difference if u want to know my specs they r:

amd 64 3000 venice
              dfi lanparty sli dr
              sapphire radeon x800 256mb 256 bit gddr3 pci express
              fortron 500 watt psu
              ocz 512mb gold series 2-3-3-8

Comment

Working...
              X