Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder why you see so many Spec Ops running around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder why you see so many Spec Ops running around?

Because, contrary to what the (very thourough ) manual says, they are, by far, the most balanced kit.

Why?

Tanks - Every other kit should start saying their prayers when they see a tank heading their way (except maybe.. MAYBE AT). Spec ops? No worries! Just lay a few C4 down. BOOM ****ER!

Accuracy - Let's face it.. the G36C is, just a fully-automatic sniper rifle. That thing is accurate as hell! It snipes snipers.. you know something is wrong when..

C4 in general - Everybody likes blowing things up right?

Even though usually, half of my team usually spawn as a Spec Ops, it's still my favourite kit! I'm usually the only one who goes over to the enemy's base to keep their assets down. Points schmoints!

And yes, yes.. I know they're special forces.. but let's just call 'em spec ops for now.

Re: Wonder why you see so many Spec Ops running around?

I love spec ops, but almost don't play the class anymore, play most assault, AT and sniper class

Comment

I would agree with the G36. It is very accurate, almost unnaturally so. I can't count how many times I have been sniped by a G36.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
        Because, contrary to what the (very thourough ) manual says, they are, by far, the most balanced kit.

Why?

Tanks - Every other kit should start saying their prayers when they see a tank heading their way (except maybe.. MAYBE AT). Spec ops? No worries! Just lay a few C4 down. BOOM ****ER!

Accuracy - Let's face it.. the G36C is, just a fully-automatic sniper rifle. That thing is accurate as hell! It snipes snipers.. you know something is wrong when..

C4 in general - Everybody likes blowing things up right?

Even though usually, half of my team usually spawn as a Spec Ops, it's still my favourite kit! I'm usually the only one who goes over to the enemy's base to keep their assets down. Points schmoints!

And yes, yes.. I know they're special forces.. but let's just call 'em spec ops for now.
        Yeah, we all love spec ops, and know that it's very balanced. It's only weakness is basically cloose-mid range combat, why, noob naders, shotties, assault rifles, lmgs, especially hte pkm, etc.

Comment

I never play spec ops, nice gun but i would rather have a medic pack, ammo pack or the ability to repair my vecihle and you can't out snipe a proper long distance sniper as they wouldn't even be visable to you.

Comment

when one is learning this game (as i have been) is it better to stick with a kit for a while, learn all about it, and move on to the next kit?

i've read that it is better to play a kit based off the situation...but i find when i do that, the k/d ratio goes ever downward. but, when i stay with one kit, i get comfortable and in game performance goes up for me.

someday i won't stink

-jpardo

Comment

I play spec ops when it suits me... I usually play as AT since the DAO pwns.

Comment

I wouldn't call them the most balanced, I'd lean towards: Most Versatile.

1. High run distance
                2. Highly accurate main weapon/unlock
                3. Ability to destroy Armor
                4. Ability to disable Commander assests
                5. Hand Grenades for clusters of infantry
                6. Silenced Pistol for if you want to take someone out unnoticed

Their only real drawback is that they don't have body armor and at close range their weapon is sometimes outclassed.

Comment

Isnt it also safe to say people try to take out spec-ops first, just cause they're dangerous? That there is reason not to play that class...

Comment

i find the accurtacy + damage of the m16 2x better than the g36c

Comment

i almoast never play yhe spec ops, i am always the pkm.it is real easy to kill specops with no body armor with the pkm, just as long as they dont see you first

Comment

with the at unlock the dao (pwns) the class is a lot more fun to play tbh...but sometimes i have to hit armor with so many missiles to destroy them..

Comment

Originally posted by silG
                          i find the accurtacy + damage of the m16 2x better than the g36c
                          Damage is better, but the accuracy is not. THe G36C is extremely accurate, but it's a weak gun in comparison to assault rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by jpardo
                            when one is learning this game (as i have been) is it better to stick with a kit for a while, learn all about it, and move on to the next kit?

i've read that it is better to play a kit based off the situation...but i find when i do that, the k/d ratio goes ever downward. but, when i stay with one kit, i get comfortable and in game performance goes up for me.

someday i won't stink

-jpardo
                            I would say play all the kits like once or twice then play the one you like the most all the time, that's what most do, the only time they change is if theres a tank sitting where your spawning or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                              Damage is better, but the accuracy is not. THe G36C is extremely accurate, but it's a weak gun in comparison to assault rifles.
                              And even the damage isn't much better for the M16. It still takes 4 hits for either one to kill an unarmored soldier. The M16 takes one less vs. body amor (5 instead of 6). Basically the same as the difference between the AK101 and AK47.

I'm not a big specops player but if I could only have one kit for my whole team it would definitely be specops. That would actually be an interesting experiment to do on an unranked server.

Comment

Working...
                              X