Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joining ded. srvr causes CTD after a few minutes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining ded. srvr causes CTD after a few minutes...

Ok, I just recently started a dedicated server (for me and some co-workers) v1.03 and am having a major issue that I just can't figure out. (And, yes, I've searched on here as well as other sites and can't find ANY info remotely close to helping me solve this issue.) The server is running over a FIOS internet connection with DMZ set on the router. The problem is this, I can connect to the server fine as local but whenever I, or anyone else, attempt to connect using the real world IP BF2 (client side) CTDs after a minute, or so, of play. It happens the same exact way every time. After about 60 seconds, boom CTD! I've tried tweaking every setting I can think of, disabling every app I can think of, and even tried both dedicated and non-dedicated servers. I'm personally at wits end with this. It is absolutely frustrating the crap out of me! Does anyone have ANY suggestion or tip or ANYTHING to help me get this server up and running? I greatly appreciate it, guys and gals (hey they're out there )!

PS - And yes...I'll admit it...I'm a BF2 server noob...let the flames commence!!!

Re: Joining ded. srvr causes CTD after a few minutes...

No one has any ideas? None at all?

Comment

Nevermind, I found the answer out myself. Thanks for nothing fellas!

Comment

maybe ppl didnt know, so why dont u share how u worked it out instead?

Comment

Originally posted by NAK[n00gz]Wolf
          maybe ppl didnt know, so why dont u share how u worked it out instead?
          It's nothing odd really, just incredibly irritating. I have FIOS (with Verizon obvious) on a standard consumer line. Because of that, whenever VZ detects a large amount of upload bandwidth being used, such as would be created by a BF2 server, they automatically close the port being used, albeit temporarily. As a result, you can't maintain a connection to the BF2 server for more than a few minutes. The only way around this is to, I assume, "upgrade" to a business line.

Comment

Working...
          X