jets, its not the skill its the ping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jets, its not the skill its the ping

2day i played for a while and only did dogfighting... as usually i shoot rockets n some of them heat if i lead enough... but still only bout 30-40% chance hit at least with one, my ping is around 60-100 and every single person with ping 40-60 couldnt get me, coz i use front view and as i see a rocket i dodge it, but then a guy took off in the air and he had ping 4, EVERY second missile hit, what eva i did, sharp turns anything... the missile just came at me quick n followed me wateva i did.... but is there a way to get ur missile hit every second shot with ping 80? my missiles always miss them by soo little

Re: jets, its not the skill its the ping

Hmm... this would imply that Missile tracking is handled client side.
    That would be a VERY bad thing, but would explain a lot in terms of why they seem so broken.

Can anyone confirm/refute this?

Comment

I thought the hit boxes were moved back as to fix the problem with pings, even though it now just means the people with low pings can't hit **** as the bullets and missles hit the person but the hit boxes arn't where the person is.

Comment

Nah, he probs just lined his shots up better than yours , i doubt dice would be stupid enough to give such a huge advantage to people with low pings.

Comment

Ping is evil!!!!

I get the same thing in planes, and also on ground, like you shoot a guy and he is firing back. You go behind a wall to dodge and while behind wall you still get shot. to them your not behind the wall for a second longer.

Same for sniping, i had so many headshots but it just misses, they where close shots too and he wasent moving, grrrrr.

All in all i hate thoes who join the wrong region, if your east coast play eastcoast, west, aus, europe, and so on. ITs goog for the order.

Comment

I still say the problem would be most easily solved by expanding the splash radius and giving the missiles proximaty warheards. It would be even smarter to make the splash radius offset forward of the missile, give it a fairly constand damage within the radius with a sharp fall off. Then make sure to make it only detonate when it has a valid lock.

Not only would this make the missiles less ping dependant, but it would make them vertually useless against ground targets (eliminating the danger of larger splash radius being used to dumb fire at infantry).

This is also a closer model of the way they work in the real world.

Comment

Missles are messed up anyway, are they heat oriented or lazer guided? Seems like a little of both.

Comment

well, ok who eva gets around ping 80, just fly n shoot ur missile, it takes me like 2 sec b4 i even see the missile get infront of me, yet at my friends on ping 12, as soon as u shoot the missile goes n fast, same as single player, i know how to use missiles id say, but since i got slower internet it doesnt hit, with my old one i had ping around 15, and it hit 70% chance, so yeh, dont go agaisnt low pingers

Comment

that's nonense, i've totally dominated airspace on UK servers with 150 ping and i never have problems shooting down people. it makes no difference to me whether i play on a US server with 40 ping or a foreign server with lots of lag, i own the skies period. the guy was probably just locking on to you to get you to dump all your flares and then going in for the kill.

Comment

I also notice a big difference in my Death rate when I'm on the ground with a low ping - it's far lower than if it was approaching 100

kinda sucks...

It would be great if the server could take ping into account and adjust thereafter which would give everyone equal %chances of hitting something. (not that I know f***all about programming...)

Comment

Missles are friendly aircraft guided.. plain and simple.. if you fire and miss.. at least for me.. my missle will stand on the curb.. catch the bus back to the carrier and detonate at the blackhawk stop.

Comment

ping's always been a problem in online gaming, not news.

Comment

Originally posted by x0pht
                          ping's always been a problem in online gaming, not news.
                          you don't say...

Comment

*cough* EA! *cough* well I must be in the TERRIBLE rang, i mean my missles always! always! go right up to WITHIN theafterburn flame and *whoosh* where the bloody hell did that go?

Mavrik347 [Teamkills] _________

Ah! you found it for me! Oh....

You were punished for a teamkill!

...Oh $hit. *Kicked/Banned*

my ping is around 100 on most servers... I wish it was server side then if its client side... yet again EA make a cockup...

Comment

I don't think it has anything to do with ping, for me it's just random ****, like firing the missiles and wtf it does ? Directly find a teammate aircraft miles away (mean that I don't even see it) instead of the ennemy.

I allways have a ping of 20/40.

Comment

Working...
                              X