some questions about jet bombing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions about jet bombing.

hey im new here.. and to BF2. i used to play halo 2 and all i did in that basically was snipe. and i was really good at it. well crossing over to BF2, its a pretty big difference. obviously.. more realistic and everything, takes more tactics and all that.

now a sniper... is a sniper... is a sniper... its just different between games. halo 2 is more of a fast-paced, kill-everyone-you-possibly-can type sniper.. while BF2 i noticed is very spy on the enemy, hide in the grass, surveillence type sniper. halo 2 is also easier to snipe, but a good sniper compared to a really good sniper was a huge difference. its all the same TACTICS though. for almost any sniper, in almost any game. you need to go for the kill and plan on not missing. if you miss, and you are spotted, change location and confuse the enemy. you know.

but as a sniper coming from halo 2 to BF2, im surprised at how many people dont snipe in BF2. if you ever played halo 2 online.. you know why im so surprised. but when i first picked up the sniper.. the first thing i thought was CS. and i realised right away that there wasnt any autoaim (obviously because its KBM and not a controller where its hard to control.) well, i figured, since it was realistic you would probably have to lead the target, and i was right. i pretty much caught on to that right away.

and after shooting someone with 1 shot and dropping them, from the artillery on wake 2007 (closest to the aircraft carrier) all the way by the north part...i was hooked.

well like sniping, i caught on really fast to flying jets. i have a joytick i hooked up after i bought the game.. and holy shit does it make a difference...i consider myself pretty good at flying. so far, i have not died in the jet. only a couple times on purpose (suicide bombing and things) but... i am having alot of trouble killing people. i am "afterburner-trigger-happy"... and that is probably my main problem. the missiles seem like they never work.. even if i wait until the heli deployed its flares, and waited for a full lock, and let it go.. i can never kill people with those.

another thing.. anyone have any tips on how to use the jet bombs...? i can never tell where they land. and ive tried looking at different camera views but that doesnt really help. maybe diving from up high and releasing them and then pull up so they have less places they can go.

i dont know.. im just rambling. maybe some people can help.. i guess i just need some tips for the missiles and bombs. the first story was just to try and tell you im not a complete dumbass. haha.

Re: some questions about jet bombing.

oh and another thing i noticed. people bitch about the same shit in both games. lol.. like "oh you noob... your camping.. you talentless nub"... heres the thing i NEVER understood. if someone is staying... in one spot.. (yes ONE spot) and you keep getting killed by him, when you can make a logical and rational plan to kill the guy "camping" but you insist on bitching about it... and keep getting killed.. who is the "noob"..?

just like anything people complain about. normally if people complain and use the word "noob", they are normally the ones that arent very good at the game (i noticed this in halo 2 when people talk shit.. and im sure its the same here).. i guess a "noob"

Comment

i hate it when peoples complaing about me camping in a jet...well i say those botches can get f*cked

Comment

well you cant "camp" in a jet..but.. lol

i just realised theres really no point in this thread. im kinda just typing.. haha

Comment

my experience with jets: fly slowly. fly at like 500 instead of 800. you will hit more stuff. and if you need, you can always kick in the after burners to get away.

Comment

Working...
          X