BF2 and AA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 and AA

Could someone please, in an objective manner, list the main differences between BF2 and America's Army? I understand AA is a bit more realistic, as in no running in open ground, cover is a must, etc. Is there anything else? Do I really have to complete various missions BEFORE i can even play online?

Re: BF2 and AA

1. AA is way too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by DogGunn
      1. AA is way too slow.
      Thanks for your contribution. Is typing that hard for you? It's just so lengthy.
      And are you sure AA is too slow, as opposed to BF2 being too fast?

Comment

LOL I was waiting for someone to extend the list.

Comment

Originally posted by shafik
          Could someone please, in an objective manner, list the main differences between BF2 and America's Army? I understand AA is a bit more realistic, as in no running in open ground, cover is a must, etc. Is there anything else? Do I really have to complete various missions BEFORE i can even play online?
          No vehicles in AA, it's all infantry combat. They say they plan to introduce some vehicles later (well, there is a Stryker in one level, but you can only hop in and fire the gun, can't move it around).

You have to do some training before you can play online in AA. Some's pretty easy, some can be pretty frustrating.

AA is a lot slower. If you get killed, you can be out of the action for several minutes at a time. Your team needs to move & work together to really be successful. The guns are more realistic in the way that they fire. AA aims more for realism while BF2 is more arcadey.

I like both games as they both have their strong points.

Comment

AA is free! why dont you just download and see for yourself? :wall:

If you want to know the "main differences" then read a review or something and find answers to your questions faster...

Comment

AAis a good game and i had been playing it religeously gor aobut 2 years before bf2 came out.

I went back to it recently and yeah it did seem a bit slow. But it is a good game. Don't be put off by the training and the fact you will get seriously owned at first its all part of why its good

Comment

i wonder what has more hacks AA or BF2 :laugh:

Comment

AA is infantry based only, BF2 has vehicels, jets, and helis

Comment

AA is completely different to bf2 only thing that theyve realy got in common is that there both fps games and thats about it. One of the major difference in AA is when you get shot you need to be healed if you dont get healed you can bleed to death. Also your life dosnt recover in AA when healed it just stops you detereating anymore , your life also has a direct effect on how you aim if your red and bleeding your accuracey will go right down and you wont be able to run very fast (you can also break your legs if you fall from a hight and be left hobbling the hole round). And as for the weapons IMO there 100% more accurate and 100% more powerfull and the hitbox detection is perfect compared to bf2 . Also the biggest server that you can have in AA is only 24 from what i remmeber. On certain maps theres also destrutable objects like walls that you have to blow up with javalin missiles so you can get into a compound. Also another major difference between AA and bf2 is theres no flags you have objectives (my favourate map is csar you have to rescue the pilot and destroy the blackhawk on the us side) basically the teams are assault and deffence. And there is training that you have to complete i.e. if you want to use the SF class you must complete the all the training and be at least 15 honor to use the SF class in game. You can also pick up the enemys weapon and keep your old one but while doing that you cant use your any nades but it does come in realy handy being able to fire of 60 rounds without having to reload.

It is basically a very relistic game and as i said above completely different it is crap when you die but you only die if your very unlucky or realy crap . But if you do die you can watch the better players and see how they play. Ahh before i forget you also get doors that you can shot through and open and close basically alot of the maps are indoors so every corner you go around or door you go through could have an enemy on the other side so you have to use flash bangs and nades. Ahhh and another thing certain maps have civilians on like hospital if you kill or injure the civilian it reflects on your score badly. Its a bloody good game but dont hold your breath waiting for vehicals to be added i saw a video of a apc and the little robot that you could drive and that was nearly a year ago and when it was released the vehicals were not supposed to be that far away. They will proberly release a game with vehicals somtime but i dont think it will be in the 2. series of games like it was supposed to be ( overmatch ) god knows when it will come out but when it does ill be droping bf2 for sometime .

Comment

Originally posted by Slapidus
                      i wonder what has more hacks AA or BF2 :laugh:
                      Thats hard to say proberly AA at the moement but the way things are going in bf2 it will proberly surpass AA within 6 months IMO.

Comment

Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Comment

Originally posted by DLWebmaestro96
                          Me fail English? That's unpossible!
                          ??????????????????

Comment

Thanks to everone who replied, especiialy Zulukiller... One hell of a reply.

Comment

Its so annoying you have to pass all of the stupid training missions before you can even play online. I quit after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X