Doesn't Make Sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't Make Sense

Ok so I got a brand new computer and in my opnion it should be able to run everything in high but it lags/choppy in high and medium I can only run low smoothly any idea why this is and what I can do? is it my internet by any chance?

System specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

958MB RAM

ATI RADEON Xpress 200 Series [256mb]<--- came with computer

If you need any more information just tell me thanks

Re: Doesn't Make Sense

Your computer is running Bf2 at exactly what it should be running it at. LOW.

If you thought you could pull off all high, you are sadly mistaked.

You need at LEAST 1.5 - 2 gigs of RAM to enjoy everything on high, as well as, at the lowest, a 6800 GT.

You fail to meet 2 of those requirements, and you spent the money on a processor that has no affect on Bf2 performance, since it is not a CPU dependant game.

Comment

So you are saying more ram or better video card whats wrong with the one it came with it is 256 mb =(

Comment

256mb, yes, but that doesn't mean it can run it on high. BF2's requirements are a bit tricky, and I didn't even know that video card was supported.

But, what I recommend you do, is check out www.newegg.com and buy another 512 of RAM, and a GeForce 6800 GT.

Then you could pull off all high.

Comment

also..i believe that having 2 cpus cuts ur ram in half so u essentially have 512mb ram but im not totalyl sure

Comment

ATI RADEON Xpress 200 Series [256mb]<--- came with computer
            OMG , this card sucks man, even if it had 2Gb on board, the amount of memory has no effect on the speed the vid card can proces data , it's only ment to set textures and some stuff in it , and because your vid card can't handle to many textures and stuff, you vid ram is actualy overkill, 125Mb would do fine.

buy another vid card

Comment

So then its my video card? If so what card do you recomend I would perfer a cheap one that could get me higher settings
              but maybe a expensive one I dunno

Comment

Just a small FYI for anyone who cares,

The Radeon Xpress 200 Series comes in 2 varieties, the 200 and 200P. The Onboard graphics chipset is based on the Radeon X300 core and is therefore fully DirectX 9 compliant, it also runs across the PCI-Express interface.
                That is why you can only run the game on low.

As for something better, it would help to know roughly how much you are willing to spend.

Comment

Well I dont know my budget right now but thank you so much for the help

Comment

Best bang for your buck?

A 6600 GT. You could get a mixture of Medium/High settings with that.

You could also check out a vanilla AGP slot 6800.. you can unlock extra pipes and get it running at GT speeds!

Comment

I know that it is a shame that BF2 can't run on high on a 'new' computer...but the posters here speak the truth.

If you wanna run THIS game on HIGH...you need to have some pretty specific hardware upgrades...namely RAM and a high-end video card.

Other games won't do this to you though...

Comment

Working...
                      X