Going to buy a computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to buy a computer

I know that this is obsesive, but I'm going to buy a computer just for bf2. what should I look for the optimal performance?

Re: Going to buy a computer

an HP computer, they are teh best!

j/k NEVER buy an HP/Compaq for gaming...it will be your worst mistake...perhaps even your last

Comment

Originally posted by mayes171
      I know that this is obsesive, but I'm going to buy a computer just for bf2. what should I look for the optimal performance?

Yeah so how much $$$ are you going to spend?

Comment

Would like to stay under a $1000

Comment

The top custom gaming PC builder. Build your dream gaming PC or laptop here. Fully customized with the best high performance component selection and prices.

Comment

This would be a perty damned good way to go:

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
              This would be a perty damned good way to go:
              http://www.alienware.com/product_det...de=SKU-DEFAULT
              I don't even need to look at that link to tell you to never give advise to people who want to buy a computer ever again.

Custom build one, you won't get a the most powerful one but it will be easily good enough to play BF2 on high.

Comment

ok first...build ur own computer....its soo much cheaper...
                next..the main things u wanna focus on are
                cpu (get an amd 64 bit one at at least 2.0ghz)
                1.5 gig of ram mimumum (if u wanna play high quality textures..ull need it)
                a nice video card...
                i would prefer u to get a geforce 6800...thyere wickedn ice and cheap (about at most 200 dollars)
                a nice sound card...like those xi fi ones (bf2 is known to have excellent sound)

Comment

you would save tons of money if u built your own computer, can u or someone else build pc's? if so then go to newegg.com and get the parts.

Comment

Build it yourself, more bang for your buck.

Comment

Its better to spend an hour reading how to build a computer yourself rather than spending an extra $400 for something with the same performance. Companies like Alienware always overprice stuff. Just take the time to read how to build a computer. I could pick out all the parts...

6800GT
                      Athlon 64 SanDiego 3700+
                      ASUS A8N mobo
                      WesternDigital Raptor HDD
                      2 gigs of RAM

Youre basicly set...

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
                        I don't even need to look at that link to tell you to never give advise to people who want to buy a computer ever again.

Custom build one, you won't get a the most powerful one but it will be easily good enough to play BF2 on high.
                        Actually... I used to build custom rigs for people for a living.
                        I recomend Alienware to people I don't know, 'cause their customer service and quality is really high. These are important aspects for people who aren't hardware savie.

Yeah, you can get cheeper, but you can also get headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                          Actually... I used to build custom rigs for people for a living.
                          I recomend Alienware to people I don't know, 'cause their customer service and quality is really high. These are important aspects for people who aren't hardware savie.

Yeah, you can get cheeper, but you can also get headaches.
                          I'm glad you said used, otherwise give up your job, alienware are a complete rip off you can get a computer just as good, custom built for you via a website and you will have some kind of custormer support.

Comment

build it your self or if ur lazy go to www.cyberpower.com u can pick ur parts and they basically build it for u and u get a warranty

Comment

more information please.

For example what is your curent pc ??
                              the cheapest way is just buying a new mobo, cpu and GPU and maybe some extra ram .
                              And your old HD, DVD, psu, case, ... can be used again and this is saved money

fro example for 1000$
                              you have a

AMD 4000+ san diego core (about 360$)
                              a gforce 7800GT (about 400$)
                              asus a8n-sli mobo (about 130$)
                              is together about 900$ , placve your old ram into it and you have an uber system

Comment

Working...
                              X