• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video problem... dropping frames, dont know why

My setup:

Radeon 9800 Pro all in wonder 256mb
    Athlon 2800+
    1 GB DDR Ram

According to many other people's performances, as well as the guide on this site, i should be able to run the game just fine on 1024x768 no AA medium settings.

For the most part, i get good 50-70 fps... however, when i look at very big areas and move my mouse around alot, i get maybe 0-5 fps, its EXTREMELY laggy. This is mostly apparent on the map kubra dam, and on alot of maps it doesnt happen at all.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Re: video problem... dropping frames, dont know why

Im having same problem..

I use amd athlon 3000+ oc/d to 2.42ghz
    x800xl sapphire 256meg
    and 1gig of mushkin pc3200 mem

I can barly run everything on med and i still get huge stuttering issues.. im using the catalyst 5.6 drivers

Comment

Very very complex renderings that are taxing your system.

Try updating your drivers and shutting down any programs that don't need to be running like IMs, P2Ps, etc. FYI I am running Cats 5.9 without any problems.

Comment

For me, I had to increase my AGP Apurture size in the BIOS to 256MB (and try 512MB). On AGP systems, it helps a lot. It helps with all the textures in system memory for the video card.

Comment

Also, try to get another gig of ram.

Comment

Are you kidding me? 2 gigs of RAM? i know plenty of people that run it fine with 1 gig

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks7j
              Are you kidding me? 2 gigs of RAM? i know plenty of people that run it fine with 1 gig
              had 1 gig ram - which can run "fine" but not in all its glory. Would stutter now and then especially on large maps. just adding 512 now i can play all settings ultra high , 6x aa , 100%vd smoothly. The most stuttering i get now is 1 to 2 seconds at map start , just turn my view and its gone.

Comment

My AGP apature size was at 64 MB. I increased it to 128 MB in my BIOS and now i get much better performance at 1024x768. However at 1280x1024 its still a bit laggy. But it is definitely much better than before.

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks7j
                  Having 2 Gb makes a big difference. Also setting the AGP aperture size over 256 Mb is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutrino
                    Having 2 Gb makes a big difference. Also setting the AGP aperture size over 256 Mb is pointless.
                    No.. I set my aperature size to 256 earlier today and dont ever drop below 80fps on high settings x4aa8xaf

using the dhq 2.5.8 drivers

before i couldnt even run it on high cause of the freezes / choppyness..

Comment

Working...
                    X