The best thing about Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best thing about Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

Straight from EA, I recently recieved a promo Email for BF2: MC.

I think this about sums up the appeal of the game...

Communicate with your team in adrenaline-soaked 24-player online action to plan the perfect attack or defense, then talk smack to the noobs you just humiliated.
    That is directly what the promo said. I've never once seen or heard a game advertised using the actual word 'noob.'

Sad, just sad...

Anyone else think so? Or am I wrong?

Re: The best thing about Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

Have you never played on XBL? This is all the kiddies do is talk ****.

Comment

Hes not tlaking about what people do, hes talking about what EA said.

Advertising 'talking smack' is rather lame. So they are basically promoting swearing and what not, they may aswell have random strippers out in the field.

"Blast some noobs away, and then get a lap dance!"

Comment

its targeted towards xbox users which in general are of a younger age than computer gamers. makes sense. XBL is full of kids, ive played like 4x as many hours on halo 2 than i have on bf2 and thats the one thing i dislike about XBL.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotizi
          its targeted towards xbox users which in general are of a younger age than computer gamers. makes sense. XBL is full of kids, ive played like 4x as many hours on halo 2 than i have on bf2 and thats the one thing i dislike about XBL.
          console communities is really lame.
          they put the f bomb for every sentences.
          it worst than pc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx19

If only that was true.....

Comment

And I thought the kiddies were rampant here... *shiver*

Comment

yeah it's the kiddies or teh koreans on x-box live. on top of that, i will never play a FPS on ANY console unless it has mouse/keyboard support.

Comment

Originally posted by phen0m
                  Have you never played on XBL? This is all the kiddies do is talk ****.

Yes, I have played on XBL, thankfully, on my friend's XBOX, glad I didn't waste any money on that thing. I'm into shooters mainly, and PC's deliver in that category far better than consoles, simply because a keyboard and mouse has so many more easily accesed functions than a controller.

To the point: Ya, At least 60% of the people I played with on XBL MUST have been 6 years old, they sounded like puberty was as far away as they were old.

I've also played CS... good god. The first time I ever used the headset to talk to people, I was drowned out the whole ****ing game by 2 dumb****s arguing about how they ****ed each other's mothers and whatnot... They were each about 12 or 10 or so...

ACK! I need mute feature! Maybe this is why I'm such an angry person, too many stupid annoying ****s everywhere around me...

About the original point though: I think it is really sad that EA actually sank to the level of the 10 year olds... but it is sadly market-effective, advertising for your audience... It's almost like a disclaimer warning to those who buy the game "Most people who buy this game will enjoy owning noobs and trash talking them afterwards."

Trash talking them afterwards?!?! WTF happened to EVERY SINGLE PERSON saying GJ ALL and GJ Team at the end of every BF 42 round? I remember those days! Even if the enemy was giving us hell, and we were losing, we'd congratulate thier tactics and superiority! What has happened to this?

God, I've gotta stop typing, I'll go on all night about how crappier parents are producing crappier kids...

Comment

LMFAO! This is one of the most funniest posts I've read yet.. an actual game company promoting a new game by saying talk smack to the noobs. Where's the pwned!?

Comment

Originally posted by hollowpoint367
                      yeah it's the kiddies or teh koreans on x-box live. on top of that, i will never play a FPS on ANY console unless it has mouse/keyboard support.
                      The Koreans? WTF does that mean? I'm Korean. You think because some people in Korea like computer games religiously, that there are no Americans/British/African/Malaysian/Russian/Ethnocentric SOBs like yourself who are similar? It's ironic you say this in a conversation complaining about kiddies on console games. BRILLIANT!

Comment

Here we go.

Comment

I only invested time into Xbox Live when I was beta testing. After everyone and their 12 year old got their hands on it, I called it quits.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx19

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X