X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows restarts upon leaving commander window

Im posting this for a friend.

Originally posted by Mike M from H-T
    I gave up last night, finally got on around 12:30 mid way through 2nd game I'm MEC Commander on Karkland and doing commander things, pointing squads to flags, artil uav etc. was only a 6 on 6 game so not much action especially on a 64 sized map :| But the one joy I was going to have was the C4 I placed all over the area around the flag near me where I was hiding, 3 or 4 USMC show up starting to take the flag so I go to jump out of command screen and click the detonator, but instead.... BEEP..... Computer restarts and says it crashed due to a fatal error.This is at least the 5th time its happened popping out of command console.

Sending my Vid Card in for upgrade tommorow and will be moving end of the week so probably won't be back in BF2 until late next week..
    His set up follows as:

Intel 3.2 Ghz
    Intel 925X Mobo
    Corsair XMS 667Mhz memory 2x512mb (Underclocked to 533mhz with the stock 533 settings of 3/3/3/8) Mobo doesn't allow 667 speed with newest bios.

Antec 430W PSU
    eVGA 7800GTX

Btw I did a bit of searching before creating this thread and couldnt find anything relevent to my buddy's problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Re: windows restarts upon leaving commander window

It doesn't sound like it has anything to do with BF2. Fatel errors like that have more to do with the gfx card and/or the drivers being used to run it.

He should actually get the actually error code by looking in the Event Viewer.

Comment

i was having the exact same problem about 3 weeks ago and i traced it down to a graphics driver...i don't remember what version i was using but have now switched to forceware 78.11 and the problem has gone.....i've tried the new 81.85 drivers and the problem isn't there either...just don't like the image quality.....

change graphic card drivers mate..that'll sort it out

Comment

Hes in the process of moving but I'll show him this thread again once hes gets settled into his new place.Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X