Battlefield 2 won't start up with 1.03 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 won't start up with 1.03 patch

Has anyone here encountered this problem? I installed 1.03 patch, it took 30 minutes at least and at the end i got a message: "Patching failed." But the next message states, that the installation has been completed successfully. When I try to run BF2, the screen just flicks between black and pitch black and then returns to windows, giving no error message of any sort. And I can't even uninstall the patch, only the entire game. Can anyone tell me, what the diddly is going on?

Re: Battlefield 2 won't start up with 1.03 patch

did u have the game running before that? becuase the same problem happened to a mate of mine, it was becuase his comp didnt reach the requirements, therefore it couldnt start the game.

Comment

of course I had it running before, otherwise I wouldn't be complaining about the patch alone, now would I?

My system barely meets the minimum requirements:

Pentium 4 2.4ghz
      ATI Radeon 9550 128mb ddr
      dual 256 apacer ddr's, one of which is a bit damaged due to a static blow, when I added a new HDD.

Basically, The game worked perfectly on 800x600@60hz & low detail before the patch. and even now, when i uninstall the game and don't apply the patch, the game works perfectly. Could it be the faulty patch executable? It does say that patching failed. I downloaded it from Fileshack,correct me if I'm wrong, but them of all file servers should have decent releases?

Of course I could just play without the patch, but the main reason i installed it, was to fix the bug, that caused the game to crash and return to windows after viewing a singleplayer demo for a few minutes, in some cases even less. You see, I'm trying to create a bf2 movie for an upcoming video competition, which is in 5 days. But it seems kinda difficult, being unable to even view my demos, far from being able to actually record any footage.

Comment

come on now, I swear I'm THIS close to smashing my monitor with the first suitable object i can find. I install the game and it's version 1.0.2442.0 (like, WTF, mate?). clean install. Then i try to patch it and here's where the nightmare begins... the stupid f***er says that the patching has failed and i have nothing to do, besides reinstalling the game, because i just DOES NOT WORK!

Comment

Working...
        X